Update on buyer beware thread

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lincsbee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
1 or 3
the queens i ordered have just arrived this morning, 3 dead and 3 very poorly, not surprising as they have been in the post for 10/11 days. I did not question that they had been sent, just the very poor response from the supplier, and that hasn't changed.

mike

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps buy from someone who breeds queens at your local association if possible? No postage required

Hi ely

i produce my own queens, when we actually have some decent weather.

mike

the queens i ordered have just arrived this morning, 3 dead and 3 very poorly, not surprising as they have been in the post for 10/11 days. I did not question that they had been sent, just the very poor response from the supplier, and that hasn't changed.

mike

Got to be a money back job really..

Parcels I send to the U.S. get there quicker than that..
Has rather put me off buying any thro the post..

Did any one see the TNT postage documentary, I think it was on C4 news yesterday? Its a wonder any thing makes it safely through the post at all, let alone queens.

It was UK Mail actually, on Dispatches.

Appalling way to treat some ones property !!

Perhaps it may have been worth paying extra for guaranteed one or two day delivery?

Perhaps it may have been worth paying extra for guaranteed one or two day delivery?

I'd have thought it's always worth paying for guaranteed next day delivery.

I'd have thought it's always worth paying for guaranteed next day delivery.

I know there is overnight special delivery within the UK and it is very good, but can you get overnight special delivery from places like New Zealand,Australia,Argentina, Greece or many other places within the EU.

I know there is overnight special delivery within the UK and it is very good, but can you get overnight special delivery from places like New Zealand,Australia,Argentina, Greece or many other places within the EU.

wow that must be a fast plane from NZ when i went in 2011 it took 23hours flight non stop

it is 48hr deliver from NZ not overnight

Last edited:
when i went in 2011 and it took 23hours flight non stop

MuswellM If you're going to make snide comments about other posters...don't leave yourself open for the same in return.....

....what Airline did you fly with non-stop to NZ?

mike

:( Those queens could've flown there quicker themselves

wow that must be a fast plane from NZ when i went in 2011 it took 23hours flight non stop

Fly in the right aircraft, at the right speed and in the right direction relative to the rotation of the earth and you could probably do the whole flight at night.

Seeing the sun rise in the west was also possible for joe public from 1976 to 2003.

MuswellM If you're going to make snide comments about other posters...

I don't see any, just a comment on the distance and relative time. I'm sure the poster can speak for himself if necessary.

I'm sure the poster can speak for himself if necessary.

....so exactly why are you posting Oliver?

If you use a worldwide courier like UPS , DHL you can get guaranteed 24 delivery from anywhere in the world . Except Japan & Australia / New zealand, this is because japan is made up of many islands and adds some shipping time, although I have even received packages from there in 24hrs.

It doesn't cost as much as would think either.

Latest posts

Back