Best honey warmer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have a few frames (possibly as little as 2 or 3) to do , and it will just be for our own personal use.

Maybe in future I might consider selling.
well with only a half dozen jars tops you don't have to worry, it will be gone in a thrice

If the OP really has twenty colonies or more, I personally would of thought an Api-melter would be a worthwhile investment.
They are expensive for what is just a heated stainless box, but neither the TA nor my insurance provider would entertain a home built appliance.
Whichever brand is chosen, they are so useful, and with prices continuing to increase, doesn't make sense not too.
Our three cost just over five grand, bought over a few years, just one is now nearly four grand.
As it seems I'm allowed to mention Abelo, the premium model we have just about sorts out all shortcomings of both Lyson Pro and swienty.

No effect for that short period. I tried it on some honey that had crystallised after a few months. 60c for an hour then straight into a cold water bath. Went onto to win first and best in show at our agricultural show and I couldn’t detect any difference in taste.
But what about all the constituents that make our honey special? What happens to them?

No effect for that short period. I tried it on some honey that had crystallised after a few months. 60c for an hour then straight into a cold water bath. Went onto to win first and best in show at our agricultural show
I recall someone in my old association entering a a jar of Tesco honey into a show once - and got first

I recall someone in my old association entering a a jar of Tesco honey into a show once - and got firs

I recall a certified honey judge at the club annual show open a jar that had fermented that he gave a second place to!! Even after the judge passed it round for everyone to have a whiff at with the lid off!!

If the OP really has twenty colonies or more, I personally would of thought an Api-melter would be a worthwhile investment.
They are expensive for what is just a heated stainless box, but neither the TA nor my insurance provider would entertain a home built appliance.
Whichever brand is chosen, they are so useful, and with prices continuing to increase, doesn't make sense not too.
Our three cost just over five grand, bought over a few years, just one is now nearly four grand.
As it seems I'm allowed to mention Abelo, the premium model we have just about sorts out all shortcomings of both Lyson Pro and swienty.
The OP splutters at the mention of 4 grand...

I bought the cheap "SilverCrest"....its not here yet. Do you just add the honey and then empty it through the tap? What temp and for how long?

The OP splutters at the mention of 4 grand...

I bought the cheap "SilverCrest"....its not here yet. Do you just add the honey and then empty it through the tap? What temp and for how long?
No. You put the honey bucket with lid firmly on then surround with water and heat to 40 degrees till the honey is liquid.
Mine is usually done in 18 hours or so

My Silvercrest has decided not to heat up so will be looking in Lidl flyers to see when they are next on offer
What is called exactly? Thanks

No. You put the honey bucket with lid firmly on then surround with water and heat to 40 degrees till the honey is liquid.
Mine is usually done in 18 hours or so
Got mine...and yes agree 18 hours does it, maybe a wee bit less but probably because my sample honey bucket was only "just crystallised." Good rule of thumb though.
And a 20 L bucket fits nicely inside with adequate water, even with a pourer-nozzle fitted. Thanks for the recommendation.

Got mine...and yes agree 18 hours does it, maybe a wee bit less but probably because my sample honey bucket was only "just crystallised." Good rule of thumb though.
And a 20 L bucket fits nicely inside with adequate water, even with a pourer-nozzle fitted. Thanks for the recommendation.
Could I ask where you got your Silver Crest from? Was it Expensive? Cheers

Latest posts

Back