Best honey warmer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being tight.... FB Market place for chest freezer free to take as broken. STC1000 controller accurate to +/- 1degreeC. Loads of vids on youtube for wiring up. £10-99 on Amazon. Two 28W oil filled heaters and off you go. £23-95 on Amazon. All up cost sub £50.

Will gently melt crystalised honey in two days or so. KISS

I'll just mention that a chest freezer (big one) with three light bulbs and a hot water tank thermometer worked for me for years and did tons.

PH

I've a 180cm abelo honey's warming cabinet - set it at 33*C and it cooked two buckets of heather overnight. Fit only to feed back thoroughly bees to build foundation's frames in autumn. Helpfully came with no English instructions and they don't return my emails. Bought a max/min greenhouse thermometer and set the cabinet to 29*c and it melted the outside frames of some supers whilst the middle ones were still cold and the max temp recorded on the greenhouse thermometer was circa 44*C. Was 1100 quid, v unimpressed with the service, when ordinarily Abelo are great and their 12 frame hive is exceptional imo. Be careful and be persistent if it doesn't work is my advice

Latest posts

Back