• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale (2 items): Melitherm + tank; Cappings Melter and Honey Liquefier

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

has27

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi -
My beekeeping mentor has retired, and has passed on a number of items of beekeeping kit to me. Among them are a Melitherm plus tank, and a Cappings Melter/Honey Liquefier; I'm under a three-line whip to either sell them or pay him for them, and I don't want either of them myself!

So, offering both for sale. Pictures below. Both in good working order.

Melitherm
For liquefying crystallised honey: a thermostatic heat coil in a tank with a mesh bottom allows the honey to drip through into the settling tank below.
The heater and top tank is melitherm
Then there's a mesh ring to allow condensation out: space ring for melitherm
The tank is this: honey tank with valve, 50 kg
The Melitherm and top tank has never been used, so is totally clean; the bottom tank has been used a few times a season for about ten years to settle out honey. I've given it a good wash. In the picture below the top tank has white plastic with blue stripes on the outside - that's for protection; peel it off and you see stainless steel.
This all retails for €776.71 (£700). I'd hope for £300. I'd not want to sell the bottom tank and not the Melitherm+top tank, but if you want the Melitherm + top tank but not the bottom tank I'd hope for £250.

Cappings Melter/Honey Liquefier
You put (cut out) whole frames in on a mesh floor, and the heater and fan in the lid melts the wax and liquefies the honey, which then drips through the mesh into a sump (I've always wanted to use the word 'sump'). The wax then cools and you can lift it off for cleaning; the honey drains through the tap.
See Uncapping wax melter and honey thaw out for this model; I think that there are likely very few places which make it so it's probably the same manufacturer as produce these for Thorne and elsewhere.
It's been used a few times for ivy and other set honeys. Again, I've given it a very good wash with boiling water, and it's as clean as I can get it (for something which is used to melt large quantities of wax!).
The tap has been repaired at some point with some sort of hard-setting putty - it probably got bonked on a doorframe or something; I've checked it out with a decent amount of water and it's watertight.
This retails for €954.81 (£859); I'd hope for £400.

Delivery
Hm. These are big things. I think I could probably post the Melitherm + tanks, but the melter really isn't something I'd want to put in the post. I'm in Cambridge, so could negotiate delivery; you'd be welcome to collect, or we could meet somewhere mutually convenient. Delivery cost to be negotiated :)

IMG_8988 (1).jpegIMG_8989 (1).jpegIMG_8990 (1).jpegIMG_8991 (1).jpegIMG_8992 (1).jpegIMG_8993 (1).jpeg

Hi -
My beekeeping mentor has retired, and has passed on a number of items of beekeeping kit to me. Among them are a Melitherm plus tank, and a Cappings Melter/Honey Liquefier; I'm under a three-line whip to either sell them or pay him for them, and I don't want either of them myself!

Melitherm
For liquefying crystallised honey: a thermostatic heat coil in a tank with a mesh bottom allows the honey to drip through into the settling tank below.
The Melitherm and top tank has never been used, so is totally clean; the bottom tank has been used a few times a season for about ten years to settle out honey. I've given it a good wash. In the picture below the top tank has white plastic with blue stripes on the outside - that's for protection; peel it off and you see stainless steel.
This all retails for €776.71 (£700). I'd hope for £300. I'd not want to sell the bottom tank and not the Melitherm+top tank, but if you want the Melitherm + top tank but not the bottom tank I'd hope for £250.

You put (cut out) whole frames in on a mesh floor, and the heater and fan in the lid melts the wax and liquefies the honey, which then drips through the mesh into a sump (I've always wanted to use the word 'sump'). The wax then cools and you can lift it off for cleaning; the honey drains through the tap.
See Uncapping wax melter and honey thaw out for this model; I think that there are likely very few places which make it so it's probably the same manufacturer as produce these for Thorne and elsewhere.
It's been used a few times for ivy and other set honeys. Again, I've given it a very good wash with boiling water, and it's as clean as I can get it (for something which is used to melt large quantities of wax!).
The tap has been repaired at some point with some sort of hard-setting putty - it probably got bonked on a doorframe or something; I've checked it out with a decent amount of water and it's watertight.

Delivery
Hm. These are big things. I think I could probably post the Melitherm + tanks, but the melter really isn't something I'd want to put in the post. I'm in Cambridge, so could negotiate delivery; you'd be welcome to collect, or we could meet somewhere mutually convenient. Delivery cost to be negotiated :)

View attachment 21484View attachment 21485View attachment 21486View attachment 21487View attachment 21488View attachment 21489
The cappings melter is a Dana mini-apimelter

Excellent, that's useful to know, thank you! Searching for that I found Cappings and wax melter - £1232.40 - so looks like things retail at weirdly different prices depending on where you get them from! (£400 feels like a steal ;-) )

Hi I’m interested in the capping wax melter. Is it still available.

Nobody has yet expressed a definite yes (just a couple of nibbles) so I'm all ears.

Nobody has yet expressed a definite yes (just a couple of nibbles) so I'm all ears.
I can come over Thursday lunchtime to have a look or The next time I come is a week on Wednesday

I will be at home on Thursday, so very happy for you to come and have a look. I'll PM you some details.

Melter now gone; someone's interested in the Melitherm so they get first dibs.

The person interested in the melitherm has gone quiet, so it's available again.

Hi -

Melitherm

Delivery

View attachment 21484View attachment 21485View attachment 21486View attachment 21487View attachment 21488View attachment 21489
Did the melitherm get sold?

It did - thank you for the interest!

Latest posts

Back