Beliefs of Forum Members...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you believe in?

• Christianity

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Other

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Non-believer

Votes: 68 58.1%

• Total voters
I like the atheist Christian... 2 years ago I would have been a total Christian but then Vicars changed and I became the anti-Christ...so now I think Christian Atheist fits quite well...

All religions are both valid and political ,political in the sense that they provide a blue print for accepted behaviour In society.
Most religions profess that their sacred books are the actual word of god.
I believe in god and was raised a Christian which has influenced to way I. Both act and think!
A friend of mine (having been torpedoed twice in WW2 )observed "There are no Atheists in a life boat"
VM

I voted Christianity and totally follow all it's beliefs but I am not religious, I don't go religiously to church every Sunday but I do give thanks to god. I don't knock other people for their beliefs but I do question their ethics, vegetarianism for one, so why do we have canine teeth?
It was quite shocking to see how many non Christians and is quite ironic that the people who voted this will celebrate Christmas like all other Christians

Two Jehovah knocked my door one day I invited them in and the couldn't get back out quick enough after the first minute lol.

With all the evil in the world, interesting you should pick out vegetarianism for special attention. Yes of course humans evolved as omnivores, no-one disputes that. The point is that we now have the capacity to make a moral choice as to whether or not we kill animals for food.

Why is it shocking that there are non-christians? I find it odd that, 300 years after the age of enlightenment, people are still living their lives according to superstition.

(PS- see if you can guess how I voted!) :D

All religions are both valid and political ,political in the sense that they provide a blue print for accepted behaviour In society.
I believe in god and was raised a Christian which has influenced to way I. Both act and think!
A friend of mine (having been torpedoed twice in WW2 )observed "There are no Atheists in a life boat"
VM

It's a rather extreme way to get converts though!

VM

Well I dunno about that...brings to mind "Touching the void". After all the trials and tribulations of the climber, cut off his life-line by his mate, falling into a crevice with a broken leg, being totally alone in the dark, you would think he would have made a pact with a god, you know "get me outta here and I'll believe in you forever after" kind of thing. But he doesn't, realises he is on his own and gets himself out and survives. Wonderful!

.......A friend of mine (having been torpedoed twice in WW2 )observed "There are no Atheists in a life boat"
VM

I'm pleased your friend survived as I'm sure both you and he are.
I'm not sure that is a universal truth though. I wonder how many of those who didn't make the lifeboat and slipped under the surface were thinking there was no god.

Lenin called religion the opium of the people!
Just look what replaced it!
Communism, and God help us, capitalism !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lenin called religion the opium of the people!
Just look what replaced it!
Communism, and God help us, capitalism !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Communism is as old as mankind, it's how isolated tribes in south america live. Capitalism had to be invented when people started coming across other people who weren't immediate family, and started trading between groups.

It's hard to say how old religion is, but monotheism is only around 5,000 years old- still in the experimental stages in evolutionary terms.

It's hard to say how old religion is

There is quite a lot about it on Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

And that link leads on to the below, which by the looks of the tradition of dressing up has continued in various religions, this suggests that priests and clowns are often one and the same.

Though some attempts have been made to discover the religious origins of secular clowns, fools, and jesters, it is the elaborate ritual roles of masked clown societies among such groups as the American Indians that have attracted most attention. The most famous of these are the Koyemshi, the dancing clowns of the Pueblo Indians. Their obscene and sacrilegious actions punctuate the most important religious ceremonies and serve as a sign of the presence of the powerful primordial beings and as a means of social control by their satire of the antisocial behaviour of particular individuals.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/515483/sacred-clown

The most ancient clowns have been found in the Fifth dynasty of Egypt, around 2400 BC.[3] Unlike court jesters, clowns have traditionally served a socio-religious and psychological role, and traditionally the roles of priest and clown have been held by the same persons.[3][4][5][6]

Peter Berger writes that "It seems plausible that folly and fools, like religion and magic, meet some deeply rooted needs in human society".[7] For this reason, clowning is often considered an important part of training as a physical performance discipline, partly because tricky subject matter can be dealt with, but also because it requires a high level of risk and play in the performer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clown

God was a Goddess for thousands of years pre-farming days. Those female figurines are found from Spain to Siberia, date range at least 70,000 years. Must have had a powerful hold on the imagination of our hunter-gather ancestors.
View attachment 9249

Last edited:
Which God made it, there appear to be a few of them.

Well I think you will find that Christians, Jews and Muslims all believe in the same god (old testament) and from there on it divides to different cults but basically there is only one

Two Jehovah knocked my door one day I invited them in and the couldn't get back out quick enough after the first minute lol.

I'm on their black list - many years ago on a wet, very wet and windy Sunday afternoon they came a knocking on our door I politely started to tell them 'I'm sorry but I haven't got time to talk as..............' but they butted in with, 'just answer one question and we'll go - what do you understand by Armageddon'?' - if they'd have let me finish my sentence '.............I'm busily studying for my scripture exams' - two hours later, cold and sopping wet the left, haven't seen them since.

I may have the ability to kill my wife but that doesn't mean I should use that ability does it ?

Depends on the probability of being found out

I only believe in things that can be proven to predict the future.

I knew you would say that :D

Back