Beliefs of Forum Members...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you believe in?

• Christianity

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Other

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Non-believer

Votes: 68 58.1%

• Total voters
Don't get dragged in Rewood - it's just the usual pre Christmas attack on people's beliefs - if it was any other belief like Islam the hand wringers would be up in arms an calls for bans all over the place.
It seems Christianity is always fair game for those looking for a reaction.

Don't get dragged in Rewood - it's just the usual pre Christmas attack on people's beliefs - if it was any other belief like Islam the hand wringers would be up in arms an calls for bans all over the place.
It seems Christianity is always fair game for those looking for a reaction.

:iagree: Christianity has been ridiculed by other religions for being compassionate, I have read the bible from cover to cover and read books on evolution too and made the effort of doing my homework before I made my choice, it wasn't drummed into me in school or by my parents but a conscious choice just something I needed to know myself, until other people do the same what they tell me is utter gibberish

Well I simply made a light hearted statement that was questioned and I have no intention of dragging anyone in. In fact, REDWOOD has just highlighted the biggest problem with all these religions, namely the followers. Throughout history they have shown intolerance to those who interperate the message differently and invariably give in to greed and corruption.
It seems to me they forgot the teachings, trouble is it still goes on today.

REDWOOD,
Apologies if I've offended but as I've said above, just answering a question.

Edit: Having read your reply, I can see you are religious and christian. I'm not trying to offend here but neither am I talking gibberish. You would perhaps not have made the same choice had history been different. For example, anyone in these Isles who is not a catholic has been influenced by the acts of one man. Likewise anyone who is not pagan has been influenced by others.

Last edited:
If you read the new testament (letters to Rome) it comments on how the first early churches had become corrupted and not at all what Jesus intended

Interesting you should quote letters on that. Paul basically 'bought out the brand' and re-wrote Christianity in his own authoritarian image. The Christian church owes much more to Paul than it does to Jesus. Read the bible without Paul and you get a very different image.

Interesting you should quote letters on that. Paul basically 'bought out the brand' and re-wrote Christianity in his own authoritarian image. The Christian church owes much more to Paul than it does to Jesus. Read the bible without Paul and you get a very different image.

So Paul was Stalin to Jesus's Lenin?

The only organised religion - which I know of (a key point) that appears non doctrinal and non authoritarian - is the Quakers. A very peaceful religion which practises what it preaches in my view.

An atheist was out hiking in the forests of Canada when he was attacked by a huge Grizzly bear. Just as the bear raised its paw to deliver the killing blow, the man fell to his knees and cried out "God, help me".

Time stood still, the bear froze and the clouds parted. A booming voice from the heavens said "So, after all these years of being a non-believer and forsaking me, now you want my help? Do you wish to become a Christian my son"?

The man thought for a second and then said "No, I don't think I can do that - but can you make the bear a Christian"?

God thought for a few moments and then said "Sure, why not... It is done" and with that, the clouds closed up and he was gone.

Time restarted and the bear lowered his paw, dropped to his knees and clasped his huge paws together. Closing his eyes, he said.....

"For what we are about to receive....."

:icon_204-2:

Hey I love jokes
Q: What is so ironic about Atheists?
A: They’re always talking about God.

Got to share this one with you, Sorry about one word though

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned To her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike Up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total Stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, Or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask You a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same Stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns Out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, Thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which The little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know ****?"
And then she went back to reading her book.

Someone who does not believe in God but upholds the ethics of Christianity.

Clear?
C

The ethics of Christianity? 'Christian' values that certain people go on about are essentially human concepts and common to just about every society long before JC found a rock and threw it at Peter so he became a saint.

Thats an interesting question. My uncle is a grand vahoosmaflip in a Lodge of masons. Anyway it is a common belief that masons require you to believe in God (the christian bloke) before they will let you join. Not so apparently, as long as you believe in something. And the mere act of believing in nothing is a belief.

But you do have to believe in something or at least say you do. Lots of bad faith for fringe benefits, methinks...

Latest posts

Back