BeeTradex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find out the reason?

I'm just wondering if it's because the staff are remaining cautious about covid. (I am and it's my reason for not going.)

I am cautious about Covid, but have physically shopped (masked) at supermarkets all through epidemic and attended yoga classes (unmasked)- when available . Oh and Beetradex March 2020 just before Covid restrictions were announced. Ditto Beekeeping training classes.

So far I - and our family - have avoided Covid.
(Maybe I have developed natural resistance - limited treatment and lots of exposure to others? :devilish: :eek: :sick: :love:)

I am cautious about Covid, but have physically shopped (masked) at supermarkets all through epidemic and attended yoga classes (unmasked)- when available . Oh and Beetradex March 2020 just before Covid restrictions were announced. Ditto Beekeeping training classes.

I haven't been back to yoga classes yet but have just been practising at home.
The Down Dog app is very good.

So far I - and our family - have avoided Covid.
(Maybe I have developed natural resistance - limited treatment and lots of exposure to others? :devilish: :eek: :sick: :love:)
You may have been one of the 1 in 3 who had it without symptoms?? What is/was your limited treatment?

Did you find out the reason?

I'm just wondering if it's because the staff are remaining cautious about covid.
No idea - they are still attending the WBKA convention two weeks later but are not attending the BBKA event two weeks after the Llanelwedd one

I haven't been back to yoga classes yet but have just been practising at home.
The Down Dog app is very good.

You may have been one of the 1 in 3 who had it without symptoms?? What is/was your limited treatment?

We were both very unwell February 2000: for two weeks, exhaustion, aching, heavy head colds. No issues breathing . Was it Covid? Dunno. It was very debilitating. We are fortunate coming from long lived families with no inherited illnesses and for 70+ year olds, both active and no signs of dementia (yet!).

Then vaccination when available.

@Patrick1 - are there any further details of the wax exchange available at bee tradex? I'm thinking of bringing some down

There are two companies offering wax exchange this year, unfortunately we could not bring in a new wax exchange deal this year but hope to have it sorted for next year.

I wish you well Patrick, but isn't this a bit of a faux pas. Setting the date to early February with the possibility of climatic conditions not being favourable.

So ...potentially, we now have two beekeeping 'shows' .... Patrick's - The British Beekeeping Show at Stoneleigh on 4th February and The Beekeeping Show at Telford Conference Centre on 25th February courtesy of Messrs Beardmore, Nickless and Ellis.

That should present a dilemma for some of the major suppliers ? ..... and probably a few beekeepers as well !

Maybe the choice might be easier than you think.
Does there have to be a choice, you simply go to the closer event or event that has the better suppliers . Hell you could even go to both!!

So ...potentially, we now have two beekeeping 'shows' .... Patrick's - The British Beekeeping Show at Stoneleigh on 4th February and The Beekeeping Show at Telford Conference Centre on 25th February courtesy of Messrs Beardmore, Nickless and Ellis.

That should present a dilemma for some of the major suppliers ? ..... and probably a few beekeepers as well !

Surely its all about waiting for 'The Show' to be announced for mid January? Or dare I say it - 'The' - A Christmas spectacular?

While I’ve got some proper beekeepers here…… does anybody make stainless frame nails?

I don't recall ever seeing them. Staples possibly, but not nails. Given the price last time I bought stainless nails (for nailing the cladding on my observatory) I don't think I could justify the cost for making frames even if they are available.

James

Latest posts

Back