BeeTradex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beetradex, the wax exchange details will be confirmed and published during the first two weeks of February along with other information ;)

No Abelo presence either according to their Feb newsletter.

That’s strange. I asked them about their 14x12 eke for their six frame hive and was told they would be at Tradex

****BeeTradex 2022 - Please Read****

Sadly we have taken the difficult decision not to attend the BeeTradex show this March. This decision has not been taken lightly but with a busy season ahead we are are unable to dedicate the time needed to attend such a huge event.

Taken from the Abelo email.

Anyone in Surrey close to Woking going, i need something picked up and will not make it, pls DM me if you can help. Thanks.

I spotted that too….nothing from Maisemore either ?
the team intimated some time ago that they wouldn't be attending, need to find an excuse to phone and get the lowdown from Caroline

Tradex website still states Abelo are confirmed to be attending as of last night 12/2/22. I now don't even trust the list of confirmed suppliers for accuracy.

I for one i live less than 30 miles away from Stoneleigh but with so few suppliers attending and unsure that the ones advertised will be prrsent it's simply not worth the 25 min drive there. Will order all our stuff online.

Last edited:
I'd put it down to not being updated. Interestingly Maisemore have BeeTradex listed on the events on their website. Would be good to know if they are going.

Tradex website still states Abelo are confirmed to be attending as of last night 12/2/22. I now don't even trust the list of confirmed suppliers for accuracy.

I for one i live less than 30 miles away from Stoneleigh but with so few suppliers attending and unsure that the ones advertised will be prrsent it's simply not worth the 25 min drive there. Will order all our stuff online.
I think a number of issues are coming into play here. The viabily of taking a stand and transporting large amounts of equipment when there are transport issues. In particular I can imagine some very serious discussions amongst continental suppliers.
Whether the show would go ahead this year if the government had resumed lockdown has probaly hindered planning.
Whether the number of attendees make a stand viable.
General wariness of BeeKeepers to mix and attend such an event.
I will not be attending as I have a longterm visit to Devon booked this weekend. Part of me would really like to go to support our 'industry' and I have had a good day out in the past. The other side of me is hesitating to attend our first Association face to face meeting this week. Conversely I have been going to the rugby club regularly this season.
I imagine many of us have similar decisions to make. Similarly the suppliers will have these decisions plus financial repercussions.
I wish Patrick and his team well and hope it is a success. If you attend enjoy yourself and I look forward to a number of reports on the forum.

Compak jars are not attending and Simon the Beekeeper is not currently on the exhibitors list.
It is a real shame!! Although I am not intending to go if my plans for this weekend change then I would probably have gone with an elderly friend. I am not so sure now.

Latest posts

Back