Bees on the new £1 coin

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Charles III new coin designs revealed

I'm guessing it's meant to be bumble bees rather than honey bees. Shame they couldn't come up with a nicer design though. It looks like it's been cribbed from a bumble bee identification diagram. B-. Must try harder.
Isn’t the bee an emblem for a charity , working class folk etc in Manchester ?
My winter hat has the same badge of a bee on it like that .

I like the new bee coin

sn’t the bee an emblem for a charity , working class folk etc in Manchester ?
No, it's the official emblem for Manchester (has been for centuries) a symbol of the city's great industry, same as the bee is part of the coat of arms of St David's cathedral due to the strong connections with the saint to bees. A stylised bee is also the new emblem for Bees Abroad

You’d know all about clowns with who you’ve got in charge on your side of the boarder ;)
Yes - I find it rather amusing how the gammons get so upset at driving at a safe speed that will save lives. Especially as 70% of urban roads in Engerlund have been 20MPH for ages

apparently the temper tantrums we are seeing are similar to the ones when the first 30MPH limits were introduced (although that was before the internet so only comfortable middle class people with received pronounciation had a voice) and when the government had the audacity to take away people's 'human right' to drive whilst p!ssed,
and when crash helmets were made compulsory
same when seatbelt wearing became mandatory - I must admit I didn't feel comfortable wearing a seatbelt, until it saved me from serious injury, even death, when the car which I was a passenger in rolled down a mountainside.

apparently the temper tantrums we are seeing are similar to the ones when the first 30MPH limits were introduced (although that was before the internet so only comfortable middle class people with received pronounciation had a voice) and when the government had the audacity to take away people's 'human right' to drive whilst p!ssed,
same when seatbelt wearing became mandatory - I must admit I didn't feel comfortable wearing a seatbelt, until it saved me from serious injury, even death, when the car which I was a passenger in rolled down a mountainside.

There's a lovely (ie. self-important people being idiots) video on YT from the news covering the introduction of the 70mph limit. I'll see if I can find it in a moment.

My father-in-law still doesn't wear a seat belt properly despite having rolled his car on the M5. I always feel concerned when he and his wife travel any distance that the next vehicle down the drive will be a patrol car. He's 89 in a couple of months and there's little chance of persuading him to behave otherwise now. Fortunately its rare that they drive further than the nearest town these days.

James

I like the new coins. They're a big improvement on what we have at the moment as everyday currency.
They're not as sophisticated as Antipodes' $2 coin but that's a special commemorative edition anyway.

Charles et al keep bees (or at least they have them in the garden) but I don't think they would be promoting the honey bee as a threatened species, which is the theme of the coins.

Would that be you defending Conservative party policies? :laughing-smiley-014 :leaving:

Latest posts

Back