Bee project needs helpers in Norfolk

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think either day will be appreciated, but I'm busy 2morra, so I'm going over on sunday.

I still don't know where to come. Help me! I want to come Sunday.

I have been and so did Freethorpe bees and so did Tonybloke, Janet and I took our worse (we are the better) halves to help out.
Great day Jen, thanks Carl for keeping up with our demands for tea.
we got quite a lot done but have made sure that there is some left for others to do!
Its nice to see other beekeepers and their hives, lovely to look in them too, nice buzzy bees, great chickens too and all the other various livestock.
Maybe one day Garry will let me have chickens.:beatdeadhorse5:

Lois, you WILL get your hens! We just need to keep up the nagging! It was great too see you.:party:

good job you 2 left when you did.
one of the hives we looked in after you left had the angriest bees I've met!! my bee suit must have took over 100 hits, only got through 4 times for me, 9 for Jen.

but, great to have a productive day with the hive part building ( and the cake was good!)

Tony, do you have any idea why they were so angry? I'm glad we left before you opened that one!

Hedgerow, I have no need to buy eggs as I have fourteen of my own hens!

Ha ha! Us girls have other responsibilities you know, like cooking tea!:p

It's starting to shoot up but a bit way off flowering yet.

Couldnt get there at the weekend as I was booked to pick up some people from airport who were trying to get thier flight changed so didnt know what day they were coming until last minute.............oh well....... charged them extra anyway.....

Thanks everyone who turned up and worked hard for us. I am glad cake was ok. It was great to meet you all but I am glad it was only tony and I who opened the angry one. I am going to close it up for a week or so with a super on top so they can give themselves more space. They didnt follow us but they wouldnt let us in.
I have bee pondering them this week but dont have an answer. We do have deer in the woods and I wonder whether it had been banged into. We also found a couple of wasps in the neighbouring hives, so perhaps they had another intruder apart from us ( thats the only other time i have seen a reaction close to that).
Yes we do have some rape nearby so it is possible but I didnt notice it being ready yet.

All being well we have another gathering planned this weekend. We will have people here both Saturday and Sunday and even if you can only spare an hour or two it will all be greatly appreciated. Pete says he will be here both days and hopefully we will get some nuc boxes made up. We have most of the broods made but still need a lot of help to get the frames made to go in them and a pile of supers to make too.
I promise to feed anyone who comes and we will make sure the tea and coffee flow well.

Were a bit thin on the ground today if anyone wants to come

Latest posts

Back