Bee project needs helpers in Norfolk

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was a short notice to everyone , i am affraid.

I was planning myself on going over there for the friday as well as the two days of the weekend. there was a lot of hives to cut up and make!!

i have spoken to her today and she is going to try for the weekend of the 12th and 13th if she is still unwell enough to use the planned for 6th and 7th.

i apologize if my first message has come over a little strong but as i know whats happened, i am sure anyone will forgive the delays.

i will ask that if you were planning on coming or know of anyone that was coming can you just make sure they know its delayed, as i dont want to waste three hours drive myself and would not want anyone else to do the same.

again many thanks for understanding.
pete

Hi everyone, I am sorry to be a bit unreliable but I was pregnant and I am having a miscarrage. It wasnt entirely unexpected and I am ok but I have to go into hospital on Wednesday to make sure it is gone. If it isnt then I have to stay in for a day or two. I am afraid I wont be up to next weekend if I need surgery. I am sorry I didnt say anything myself but I have been very tired since it died on Sunday and not up to talking about it.
I am sure things will be fine for the following weekend if people will still come. I am really looking forward to it and sorry if I am messing people about. If by moving it I have made it hard for some of you to come then perhaps we could discuss dates again and find one which is ok with everyone.
I will give people directions on the phone if they call (pm for my no) but we are careful about the address as we worry about our stock so I never use it in our advertising so you wont find the exact address antwhere ( unless I have cocked up somewhere). We are also very hard to find from the address without instructions. I am happy to call people back so they dont pay for the call.
I hope this clarifies the position and I am grateful to Pete for being so sensitive in the way he let you all know for me. I am ok though, just sleeping a lot for some reason and then aking up at daft times of the day like this!

So sorry to hear that Jen. (((((((hugs)))))))
It must be devastating even if it was almost expected.
No apologies needed at all.
If you need anything at all, I am only 5 minutes drive from you.
Take lots of care and be kind to yourself.

sorry if I am messing people about.

First, very sorry to hear of your troubles and health. It is never an easy situation and you may well need some time to recover fully.

You must not be sorry as you are definitly not 'messing people about! Yours is a very valid reason, not simply an excuse!

It is far more important that you are well, than organising assembly of a few (or even many) boxes etc. while still not fully fit.

Best regards, and wishing you well for Wednesday, RAB

Oh Jen, so sorry to hear that. Hope you will feel better soon, it's hard to know what to say in these situations.
Look after yourself, look forward to seeing you soon.
Janet

sorry to hear of your loss, Jen.
hope all goes well for you on Wednesday.
just post on here when you feel up to a load of beekeeping nutters descending on your place!!
regards and best wishes, Tony

Thanks for being so nice everyone. I will get in touch once I am out of hospital.

Get well soon Jen.

If Hedgerow Pete and others were to arrive with a movie camera or two between them, then you could produce a "Bee shed Mobile Production". Record your gathering and decide on a video tutorial with Pete and have guest appearances with "Guests and helpers" holding items to assist the tutorial.

Fun, useful and memorable. I hope that whatever date you manage to set, that it is bright, sunny, dry and immense fun for you all as well as being productive.

Bless you all and enjoy.

sorry to hear of your loss, Jen.
hope all goes well for you on Wednesday.
just post on here when you feel up to a load of beekeeping nutters descending on your place!!
regards and best wishes, Tony

Nutters? You speak for yourself Tony! I'm as sane as the next rabbit......

(Wibble)

Look after yourself Jen - it'll be lovely to meet you.

Last edited:
Well I am a lot better now and have piles of beehives to make so it might be time ask whether any of you would still likwe to help us. I need to try to set a date to try again. I was thinking the second weekend in march might be a good one? If people who want to help could say when they are available then we can pin down a date. We could even do a couple of weekends in a row if its easier. I have been sorting out the workshop today so there will be indoor space to work. Sundays are easier for me at this time of year because Saturdays are our chicken days but if we are making up ply nucs then I am sure my skills wont be worth much so Saturday would be fine for some expert help. Any offers of help would be very much appreciated .......thanks for being so patient with me
Jen

are you a member of the NBKA, Jen?
only ask because Clive DeBruyn is giving the Padmore Memorial Lecture @ the NBKA AGM that weekend. ( and I ain't going to miss that)

how about the 3 weekend in March, 19 / 20 ?

rgds, Tony

So thats two votes for the 19th 20th. Yes Tony I am a member but once March begins I am stuck at home so I forget to look whats going on in the outside world. Sorry

As of this moment most dates are OK with me.

Just need to arrange a bank loan for the fuel....

19 & 20 ok minus the o/h as he is working.
FB

I'm up for it still. 19th or 20th is fine, or both if needs be.

Back