Bee project needs helpers in Norfolk

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picton farm

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I need some help to build some hives for a community project. We have them, just need to put them together. I was going to do it all myself but am pregnant and struggling. I am happy to teach beginners how to put them together ( a very useful skill) and I will provide tools and refreshments. We can work inside in my workshop or in my dining room if it is too cold. We are located near North Walsham in Norfolk. I am happy to give some basic lessons in return for the labour.
If any experienced Beekeepers want to help then that would be wonderful too and I will try to find something to barter!
Im keeping my fingers crossed we have some members in Norfolk!

I am in Buxton! and my hubby has just built me a hive. I would love to help!! pm me some details.

Can I claim expences for travelling, or mortgage for a second home?:willy_nilly:

Im keeping my fingers crossed we have some members in Norfolk!
Indeed there are.

Not really brilliant with wood but or instructions (man thing), but ok at hammering screws in.

"The Beek Society"?

Just what i like to see - beeks looking to helping each other out.

I'm determined to do regular good deeds this year (in spirit of DCs vision) - after all i work in Borough of Sutton which is a trial site for Big Society.

So far have sorted out a Lidl Boiler for Mons. Abeille and an oxalic treatment and fondant top up for goodbobby.

I'm determined to do regular good deeds this year (in spirit of DCs vision) - after all i work in Borough of Sutton which is a trial site for Big Society.

Does that mean you get extra CCTV cameras and a bar code on your forehead?!

:rofl:

there's several beeks in Norfolk who are on here.
if you get stuck, give me a p.m., I'll happily help.

rgds, Tony

Me too - let me know details. T'other 'arf is good with a hammer!!!

Hive Buildathon

Sounds like a practical working day with an ad hoc social event in the making.

All that is needed now is a fine day of good weather. :party:

Just as a matter of interest, how many boxes are there to assemble and how many roofs and floors? TBH's or National?

Regards, RAB

I suspect RAB that probably less parts than the potential volunteers, but it could be a very useful social event for the locality.

but it could be a very useful social event for the locality.

'bout time something worthwhile happened here,,,,

Not too much

There are 11 national brood boxes and frames, 7 floors/ roof sections, and just 5 supers and frames.
We also need someone who can make us up some plywood nuc boxes for queen rearing

Back