Bee Bread

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Somebody has asked me if I sell bee bread
I said no, the bees need it but it got me thinking. How do those who do sell it process it?
Considering where the bees put it you would have to destroy brood combs?

You need one of these from Abelo. A pollen picker....been thinking of getting one myself as I end up destroying pollen clogged frames as of no further use and there are limits to my freezers space.
Not sure how efficient they are though.

Pollen-Collection-Tool.jpg

I think there are limits to my time :D
I’ve watched YouTube videos of fancy machines and dryers. Must be big business in some partsi

Do folk not use those pollen trap contraptions at the entrance of the hive..not that i agree with nicking the pollen that the bees are taking in to use..

Yes but bee bread is fermented with enzymes and honey and is in the brood combs
People are convinced all sorts of stuff is good for them. Look at the market for pollen when a good juicy steak will give you the protein you need, and as for Royal jelly..... what on earth?

Yes but bee bread is fermented with enzymes and honey and is in the brood combs
People are convinced all sorts of stuff is good for them. Look at the market for pollen when a good juicy steak will give you the protein you need, and as for Royal jelly..... what on earth?

I can't argue with that...:D

Pollen has a very good mix of amino acids(the building blocks of life) and is very good for people recovering from illness, besides its difficult to sprinkle a spoonful of steak on your porridge!

Pollen has a very good mix of amino acids(the building blocks of life) and is very good for people recovering from illness, besides its difficult to sprinkle a spoonful of steak on your porridge!

Try eggs and sausages. They have same necessary aminoacids.

Do folk not use those pollen trap contraptions at the entrance of the hive..not that i agree with nicking the pollen that the bees are taking in to use..

guess the bees dont use honey then:hairpull:

Latest posts

Back