An absolute disaster day, month....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy sh!t.

Glad you and the wife are ok.
That is some series of misfortunes.
As Stiffy said, thank God that you are both ok and in relatively good health.
That is the only important thing after all.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
I wish you all the very best in picking up the pieces from here.
That is quite some story and not one I think I will ever forget.
I will definitely be more careful from now on.

On a side note. I am in a unique position that I can empathise having seen my own house burn down in flames several years ago.
I know exactly what you must have felt.

Last edited:
What a shocker.
Pleased no one was seriously hurt.

Don't go near a forest.

oh my goodness, how scary. thank goodness you had a positive outcome

Oh my God RAB! As if having your car burnt out wasn't enough without your wife ending up in hospital as well! I'm very glad to hear that you are both ok.

Sit down, put your feet up and pour yourself a wee dram. You deserve it after the day you've had!

Only just spotted this thread - as you intimated, thankfully it's only "things" that are a write-off, and you two have come through some ghastly experiences to fight another day - as several people have said, it puts things in perspective all round. Kindest regards to you both.......

Please don't give up. I trust your advice and you've always been supportive, you know your stuff and it would be a real shame for the bk community to lose you. Lick your wounds and think about it when you've got over the shock. I really hope you wife is feeling better very soon, pass on my best wishes xx

Blimey, yours was the first post I read this morning and as scrolled through I half expected some funny punchline at the end.
What a disaster.........you need some Kendal Mint Cake ;)
I hope you both mend well soonest.

several expletives spring to mind............................................

just so glad that you & J are both OK.

the bit that really worried me was....... then the engine started!!!!! WTF happened there??

Sorry to hear that you've apparently gone from one crisis to another. Must have been a real shocker for "J", especially getting that feeling of impending doom before she fainted.

I've got friends with beesting sensitised partners. They still manage to keep bees although they have to be more careful about how they go about things...

Take things easy and don't make any hasty decisions...

Everyone else has said all that I could have - only they have put it much more eloquently.

The only thought that really strikes me (apart from note to self about separation of car and smoker fuel) is to wonder how many other fora would have been populated by so many people so anxious to express their sympathies in the way this one is!

It's funny how bad luck can run like that, but you both came through it ok, now it's time to pickup the pieces and carry on where you left off.

Here's wishing you some good luck.

Brian.

Sorry to hear about all this trauma with the car & the bee. I hope Mrs RAB is recovering well. Don't give up on the bees tho'....

best wishes

Circe

I can only add my wishes to all those who have so eloquently gone before. Still baffled as to how the car started!! And then moved off, must have been in gear and the hand brake failed.

Just remember the saying "What does not kill you only makes you stronger" and you both came close.

Peter

Latest posts

Back