a dead parrot riding a bike in scotland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it did contain enough food to feed an army for a week or my son for one day a couple of bike wheels as it had to go up flat pack and the panniers, we needed a small team of sherpas just to get to the bus with his gear, and thats after dad had "repacked" every thing. lol

i did mention that its good when its raining spear rods in scotland as the no see ums cant fly, but he has yet to to meet a large flock of no see ums yet, so we are hoping that soon they will home in on the sasanac, and as ever take revenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

route wise as far as we know unless he goes off on one. its planed to be the a9 down to invernes, a82 down the great glen to fort william, a quick jog up ben nevis and then down the west side a82 again past lock lomond think down to glasglow around the atlantic outside and back in to blighty down the a737 and a76 sort of way, but the little or not so little sod keeps changing the route as he pleases so its a little hard to find him at times, for a start off i would have not done boner bridge but would have gone straight over the bridge

Hi Pete

What a great son you have & his fellow bikers! Have put my bit towards his biking exploits for such a worthy cause. He's a bit of a hero himself!! I'll keep my eyes open on the roads when he comes down this way,,,,

best wishes

circe

Well done young man, (and HP) i've just added to the pot.
Is tour son planning to take the A6 through Cumbria? Most of the JO'G to LE cyclists do;they often pass by my road end north of Kendal. I could come out and wave......it would be like the Tour de France.........zoom and they're gone.

You must be very proud - what a great undertaking :)

Very best of luck Tim, Mr hedgerow you must be ever so proud ( of the parrot as well) I have just added my little donation, I hope everyone else does too

You must be so proud of him - and he is a true hero too. If he passes Barton, Preston on the A6 he's more than welcome to pop in for a brew

xxx to your son

Hats off to your son for a hell of a lot of will power and courage.not worthy

May the force be with you Tim!

well tonight he is camped a mile away from the nessy centre near inverness. and has spent the whole day dry and wind free, which means only one thing, no see ums massive flocks of them. he must have covered him self in tomatoe ketchup, lol

he is off down the A82 to fort william tomorrow and if there is time he will try to do ben nevis aswell and after that he is hoping to do the a82 to Alexandria toward lock lomand

we have sorted out the solar phone charger at inverness, sad how some firms wont want to help and others bend over back wards to help us

Just for once can we forego the advertising rules and name those who have young hedgerow on this epic journey?

Baggy.

well tonight he is camped a mile away from the nessy centre near inverness. and has spent the whole day dry and wind free, which means only one thing, no see ums massive flocks of them. he must have covered him self in tomatoe ketchup, lol

he is off down the A82 to fort william tomorrow and if there is time he will try to do ben nevis aswell and after that he is hoping to do the a82 to Alexandria toward lock lomand

we have sorted out the solar phone charger at inverness, sad how some firms wont want to help and others bend over back wards to help us

Watch the auction site tomorrow please.

Spread the word to your friends by PM.

Lets go viral for the lad. :)

PH

todays news is that we have now reached fort william, we have not how everreached the top of ben, as my son said when the people at the ben nevis visitors centre tell you not to go up , you dont go up.

so still glorious scotish summer weather, and today was no exception it was that windy even the farmers where pegging down the sheep to stop them blowing away, lol

i have an offer via a friend of a friend for him to pay for the lad to have a nights rest inside a pub b and b when he gets down past glasgow which is very impressed tim as he is now realising how many people are now taking and intrest in it back home at brum.

the shop involved with the bike bits was a small shop near inverness and aparently they took a load of pictures and we have emailed them loads of stuff to the local newspaper for them to us.

as for me and the wife due to all this being back to couple rather than a family we have done the decent thing and buggered off to brounemouth for another dirty weekend , well not so dirty as in more dancing, this weekend its the uk ball room dance championships at the parvillion and twinkle toes here has managed to bartter a couple of tickets for the black tie do on saturday night, its great when you know one of the judges!!

peter and tim

Small donation

Only a small donation Pete. But it all helps.

Very new here, but good causes deserve support.

Jazz.

Hope it's all going well, dancing and the cycling :)

Having Skied at Nevis Range, I'd agree that if they say no they damn well mean "NO, DONT BE STUPID".

Most people do not know that many expeditions to the Himalayas start their trianing in Scotland. Rough conditions up there.

Best of luck to young hedge.

The Scottish hills have killed a lot of peeps, sadly a lot from South of the border.

Remember to bid on the nuc. :)

PH

It might help if you put in the ad where the money is being donated to.

ok two updates as one, due to fully grown hedgerow off dancing this weekend, so saturday he did do the ben nevis walk again and just like last time she refused to show off and the clouds were in for the day.

after that tim cycled down to glen coe for the night.

but get this on sunday night when we eventualy got through to hime he is in john stone for the night, for those that dont know he is basicly on the top west side of glasgow thats a good 70 miles done for the day, tomorrow is a rest day so dad is going to spend the day on the phone organising a b and b at dumfries for him so he can get the bike tweeked and his bum softend. so far he has gone through two tubs of sudacrem to prevent bikers nappy rash.

and that means on wednesday morning about 10 am ish he should be back over the wall and in blighty and thats roughly a third of the journey done.

Latest posts

Back