a dead parrot riding a bike in scotland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
Morning all,

Whilst you were all sleeping last night the wife and I were up to silly o’clock because of our son.

If you have not been told officially yet, he decided to have a brain tumour last year. Kids!!!

Any way now that he has fully recovered he started his end to end last night, coach up to Inverness and the train to Thurso then peddling all the way down and if that’s not enough the ***** is also going to do Ben Nevis for a laugh on the way past!

So why does this warrant an email from me, simple I want some money off you.

Over the years all of you have saved a lot of money because of me so I want all of you to stick your hands in your pockets or in this case credit cards and pay pal and to go to my sons web site and to donate a fiver for him.

It’s not much to ask for and considering the money that you have saved because of me, it’s very little indeed.

Do not bother sending me the money, its easier to send it direct to help for heroes.

The wife and I are just the logistic managers and financiers of the project, it’s you that makes the difference to Tim and the people involved.

The ride proper starts on Wednesday morning and is expected to last around two weeks, depending on how many punctures he gets.

I will send another email out when he finishes to let everyone know how he has got on and after mum and dad have done a ten hour return drive to lands end to collect him and his mate.

So if anyone sees two lads cycling past over the next couple of weeks one of which looks to be balancing a dead parrot on his head, don’t forget to wave your wallets at them

Please be generous

Peter and Alison and Tim (he’s the one with the dead parrot on his head and the flat tyre)

Great example. Medical emergencies do sometimes give rise to getting life in perspective.
My thoughts will be with him in this project and hoping that his clean bill of health continues long term.
Tricia

You have my support - well done

tonights sit rep

the parrot landed at invernes at 3 pm to day and took the train up to thurso and cycled to john a groats. thats the easy bit, dad on the other hand has just spent the last four hours trying to sort out the problems, thats the problem with scotland its so flippin far away.

any way he has had two big punctures all ready so we are now running on the emergency spare inner tubes and he has bust the bike pump, so if we get another flat tomorrow am we are walking fron john o groats to lands end.

we have managed to find bike shop peoplein thurso and scrabster for him to find spares hopefully but if he cant his next place to try is ullapool or fort william and thats a long way without a bike pump !!

and just to cap things off the other lad who was going with him has managed to tear his knee tendons going to the train this morning so has had to come back, so tim is doing it solo now which means the spares , ie pumps and inner tubes they could have shared has also gone,

to say i am trying to find hair to pull out is an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must admit it times like this that the internet does come to the front and who use full it can be

ho almost forget to add the solar powered phone charger to keep his phone topped up has also broken so if we can source a replacement by fort william its going to have to be smoke signals and carrier pigeons to keep in touch or the old mans going to drive up to fort william over night on friday,

kids dont the drive you bloody crazy at times
love pete

tonight he has done 60 odd miles and is at a place called bonar bridge about 30 mile north of inverness on the east coast, been a glorious scottish summers day today so we are now soaked to the skin and fed up with being blown about by the wind

dont you just love scotland in the summer

dont feel gloomy and downbeat you are doing a fantastic task .. stay positive and the sun will shine :smilielol5:

We're all rooting for clan Hedgerow !:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Hi Pete, get some 'slime' for tyres from amazon or any decent bike shop, then stop worrying about punctures!!

tonight he has done 60 odd miles and is at a place called bonar bridge about 30 mile north of inverness on the east coast, been a glorious scottish summers day today so we are now soaked to the skin and fed up with being blown about by the wind

dont you just love scotland in the summer

Aye thats one of our better summer days, thats why i left :smilielol5:

Best of luck to team hedgerow!

"ho almost forget to add the solar powered phone charger to keep his phone topped up has also broken so if we can source a replacement by fort william its going to have to be smoke signals and carrier pigeons to keep in touch or the old mans going to drive up to fort william over night on friday,"

good excuse to keep stopping in pubs to "use the phone"

I wish you every success. Although you wont need it, when someone undertakes to do something like this they have enough determination to do anything. Its a wonderful cause and I mean a really wonderful cause. And sadly necessary. But there we go, governments pfff. GOOD LUCK TIM.

Good luck.

Any chance of the route then we can go out there and keep him company for a mile or 2.

Ian

Latest posts

Back