2012 BBKA membership card

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
My BBKA news came to day and i noticed the new 2012 BBKA card on the address label

Sat down and read the BBKA news and then made a cup of tea for me and my wife....then tried to find my new BBKA membership card, search the kitchen, and the sofa ,nothing

eventually found it in the recyling bin, my wife had tidied up while I made the tea and it ended up being recyled with other paper :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Perhaps your wife was trying to tell you something lol

Why do they go in for all these subtle hints and similar nonsense? Why can't they just say it directly? Why, when asked "how was I supposed to know?", is the reply "YOU JUST SHOULD!"

Your fault for marrying a squirrel :D
VM
Your not the only one :)

Encourage her to be a little more like the current Lady DD. She would leave it for the domestic staff to deal with.

Does it just come through the post? Do they remind you about the renewal? I'm not had a renewal before.

eventually found it in the recyling bin, my wife had tidied up while I made the tea and it ended up being recyled with other paper
I had put it in the bin myself before fishing it out. Standard practice for magazines is to chuck all the advertising and cover sheets in the green box without reading them. Is a physical card needed or would it be better to save the money?

I had put it in the bin myself before fishing it out. Standard practice for magazines is to chuck all the advertising and cover sheets in the green box without reading them. Is a physical card needed or would it be better to save the money?

I agree. Mine was waiting when I got in yesterday. Fortunately I had read MM's post on my phone during the day or mine would also be in the bin.

Last edited:
I must be unusual! (That has been said before :) ) I opened the plastic flipped over the paper to see printing on the back and then I tend to read things addressed to me by name, as was the letter on the back.

The message on the front,

IMPORTANT:MEMBERSHIP CARD ENCLOSED (Their capitals not mine)
Please see over leaf

was also a bit of a clue

I must be unusual
Maybe not. It's just that some, either business or private, get so many brochures, catalogues, marketing offers and other rubbish in the post that there isn't time to read it. It is all addressed personally, marketers are good at that.

If I don't recognise the company it goes in the bin unopened. Even if I know the company, but they have all the info online it goes in the bin unopened. If I subscribe and might want to flick though the contents, it gets unwrapped but any cover sheets are unread.

Big text, 'important', bright colours and other 'attention grabbers' just get categorised as the desperate end of the marketing practice. There are a few distinctive types of mail that grab attention. They are understated, like the tax office notices and they are never A4 in a polythene cover.

It's not a conscious decision, just habituation to ignore the shouty advertising. I guess it's the same way experienced eyes spot queens among thousands of workers and drones. You only see what is important and don't notice the rest.

well, yesterday I received my second membership card for 2012/2013. (I'm a member of two association, Norfolk & Suffolk)

The message on the front,

IMPORTANT:MEMBERSHIP CARD ENCLOSED (Their capitals not mine)
Please see over leaf

was also a bit of a clue

In small black writing. To the side at the bottom. Far too much mail here to read that sort of thing. Name right? Open. Name wrong? Deliver to one of four others who get regular mail here.

BBKA membership card

My BBKA news came to day and i noticed the new 2012 BBKA card on the address label

Sat down and read the BBKA news and then made a cup of tea for me and my wife....then tried to find my new BBKA membership card, search the kitchen, and the sofa ,nothing

eventually found it in the recyling bin, my wife had tidied up while I made the tea and it ended up being recyled with other paper :rolleyes:
Thank you MM - just retrieved mine from the bin as well!

I'm an old man with poorish eyesight but couldn't miss my membership card :)
Too much texting and speed reading by you young whipper snappers :) Bound to miss things ,this goes for colony assessment as well :D
VM :leaving:

well, yesterday I received my second membership card for 2012/2013.

Me TOO.... perhaps they are making a point!

Will the bee whistle and the bait sausage make it to the BBKA's book of myths along with icing sugar and matchsticks?...... or the legendary double card holding membership ?????

Do the BBKA only send membership out in june as i joined my localish association beginning of april and as of yet not received anything from either.

Edit: I tell a lie, i did receive the insurance certificate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back