2012 BBKA membership card

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm an old man with poorish eyesight but couldn't miss my membership card :)
Too much texting and speed reading by you young whipper snappers :) Bound to miss things ,this goes for colony assessment as well :D
VM :leaving:

Erm....family life including reintegrating two just moved back from leaving uni, cricket/ballet/football/no school buses for six weeks, ridiculously busy swarm season, illness, p*ss awful weather making everything harder and slower. Reading the fine print of the front of all incoming mail? Erm...Name. Tick. Direct.

Do the BBKA only send membership out in june as i joined my localish association beginning of april and as of yet not received anything from either.

Edit: I tell a lie, i did receive the insurance certificate.

Talk to your membership sec, at local level we send a welcome pack to all members as soon as we process applications.
Our membership year starts in Nov (2011/12)but we submit our members list towards the end of March for capitation & inclusion on the BBKA membership list.
I assume it takes 'HQ' a while to verify and process all the lists etc, so becomes 202/13.

Russ

Erm....family life including reintegrating two just moved back from leaving uni, cricket/ballet/football/no school buses for six weeks, ridiculously busy swarm season, illness, p*ss awful weather making everything harder and slower. Reading the fine print of the front of all incoming mail? Erm...Name. Tick. Direct.

Tell me about it :) .All the above but a generation later . Financial drain ( My sons went to uni on full grants, no tuition fees plus one could classify them as a charity and reclaim tax ! Not any more) Next generation is within one decade of being in the same situation :) Where will it all end ??
VM

Do the BBKA only send membership out in june as i joined my localish association beginning of april and as of yet not received anything from either.

Edit: I tell a lie, i did receive the insurance certificate.

If your association subscription includes BBKA membership, they have to tell the BBKA so that they can send you a new members pack. Most local associations are Branches or Divisions of an Area Association [Generally a County Association] so it may be them that sends the updates to the BBKA. Everyone is a bit busy in March/April getting the register correct before the BBKA has to be paid. Suggest you chase up your assocation.

If your association subscription includes BBKA membership, they have to tell the BBKA so that they can send you a new members pack. Most local associations are Branches or Divisions of an Area Association [Generally a County Association] so it may be them that sends the updates to the BBKA. Everyone is a bit busy in March/April getting the register correct before the BBKA has to be paid. Suggest you chase up your assocation.

Thanks but got sorted months back now, but never got my welcome pack from my local association even after emailing them :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back