What did you think of BBKA new Venue

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems my innocuous post was completly deleted - ho hum. :banghead:

R2

Commuted Fri, Sat and Sun....and back on Wed as DD3 has an interview as she will likely make HA her insurance choice for uni.
I realise that for some people the daily commute becomes possible at this venue just as for others it becomes impossible. It was the norm for people from my BKA to go to Soneleigh, some making a weekend of it but probably more doing so daily. Thought I'd write a little for the BKA newsletter - it was probably the unknown quantity of the venue combined with the need to spend more (time, petrol and/or accommodation) that reduced the numbers from my local BKA so much.

I'd disagree, and go for the Taylor's Eye Witness hive tools. Sheffield made, tool steel, last a lifetime. Often imitated (poorly) and hard to find by name unless you think Modern and Beekeeping... ;)

I use them for my own personnel hives. You can also order them online. They really are worth the premium.

Adam

I realise that for some people the daily commute becomes possible at this venue just as for others it becomes impossible. It was the norm for people from my BKA to go to Soneleigh, some making a weekend of it but probably more doing so daily. Thought I'd write a little for the BKA newsletter - it was probably the unknown quantity of the venue combined with the need to spend more (time, petrol and/or accommodation) that reduced the numbers from my local BKA so much.

For me it was the same distance as to Stoneleigh, give or take 3 miles. Right, up, left, rather than right, up, right...

For me it was the same distance as to Stoneleigh, give or take 3 miles. Right, up, left, rather than right, up, right...

;)

Stoneleigh was for too long seemingly a club for the local BKAs. The rest of us barely saw anyone from our local BKAs. Seems pretty fair to me with the NHS being in Surrey to have the Spring Convention further north.

"Eh? I moved to the Welsh Marches from Norfolk...and no-one asked for a visa..."

That's because you just gave JBM a nod and a wink (and a biscuit for the dog) at the border.

Welcome to Wales boyo, the land of green and rain and more rain and rain, The Marches are stooped in history make sure you check out the castles. No visa required these days all welcome. What part of the Marches do you live

Welcome to Wales boyo, the land of green and rain and more rain and rain, The Marches are stooped in history make sure you check out the castles. No visa required these days all welcome. What part of the Marches do you live

Monty. And been here since 2002. And had 14 weeks severe drought last year. And...;)

Latest posts

Back