14x12

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At present Simon the Beekeeper. I have just done a comparison of all the suppliers. KBS are the most expensive at 23.55 while Simon is 17.99 I lie. National bee supplies are 17.95. You get 11 sheets from Simon.all the other UK based are over 20.00

At present Simon the Beekeeper. I have just done a comparison of all the suppliers. KBS are the most expensive at 23.55 while Simon is 17.99 I lie. National bee supplies are 17.95. You get 11 sheets from Simon.all the other UK based are over 20.00

but if you buy over £200.00 worth with Maisie's there's a 25% discount, I also suspect that KBS supply it to them

If you buy 110 sheets at STB its only £131.99.

Works out to £11.99 per 10 sheets

Ive had loads of foundation from them.

Quality of the wiring isnt always the best buts its nice and heavy and the bees draw it out no problem

I may be wrong, But I thought Jon said they send all their wax away to be processed.

A few years back I asked Eric for some advise about foundation release solution and he told me they bought theirs from the company in the link below, same place as their equipment came from if I remember right, he did seem to know quite a bit about that German company anyway... and I have bought our release solution from them ever since, not cheap but an excellent product.

By the looks of it National bee supplies have also just bought a new foundation making setup from Rietsche.

Edit.....I also know that most if not all of the Abelo foundation originated from Masiemore, or at least it did three or four years ago.

http://www.rietsche.de/index.php/en...MIjq3az5rL4AIVQ_hRCh1lIgiyEAMYASAAEgJaaPD_BwE

Last edited:
A few years back I asked Eric for some advise about foundation release solution and he told me they bought theirs from the company in the link below, same place as their equipment came from if I remember right, he did seem to know quite a bit about that German company anyway... and I have bought our release solution from them ever since, not cheap but an excellent product.

By the looks of it National bee supplies have also just bought a new foundation making setup from Rietsche.

Edit.....I also know that most if not all of the Abelo foundation originated from Masiemore, or at least it did three or four years ago.

http://www.rietsche.de/index.php/en...MIjq3az5rL4AIVQ_hRCh1lIgiyEAMYASAAEgJaaPD_BwE

I must say I do like their foundation, nice clean light coloured wax. I remember them saying that they had imported a load of African (I think) wax a few years ago as well.

I remember them saying that they had imported a load of African (I think) wax a few years ago as well.

That could well of been through our ex BFA chairman David Wainwright at tropical forest honey in Wales, he imports lots of African wax, also some certified organic from Africa, etc.

He has an interesting web site.
https://www.tropicalforest.com/index.php

Last edited:

I was watching Mark make some special order foundation for Abelo the other day when I was weighing in some wax/collecting foundation. They do still produce Abelos foundation, also they do produce 14x12, it's just the wiring of all foundation that's done by out workers.

I have looking at wax exchange and Thornes appear to be the best at 5 sheets of 14x12 per pound of traded wax. National bee supplies only offer 2 or 3 sheets depending on the wax weight to be exchanged. Maisemore is 3 sheets per pound.

I have looking at wax exchange and Thornes appear to be the best at 5 sheets of 14x12 per pound of traded wax. National bee supplies only offer 2 or 3 sheets depending on the wax weight to be exchanged. Maisemore is 3 sheets per pound.

Maismore also give more for larger amounts, but i think you are mixing up wired and unwired quantities because i was getting less than that from thornes for wired standard national

Maismore also give more for larger amounts, but i think you are mixing up wired and unwired quantities because i was getting less than that from thornes for wired standard national
SDM I have rechecked the Thornes site and it is 5 sheets per pond conversion plus the cost of wiring. I believe the quoted prices for other suppliers conversions are the same. If you don't pay for the wiring and do a straight swap obviously the rates are less

Latest posts

Back