Labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 & 6 Nucs
I am in the process of getting new labels printed on reels so I can I apply them with a hand labelling machine. Here is my label design and was wondering if any of the beekeepers here have had 'Trading Standards' advice them what they can and can't put on the label. I understand that the word 'Raw' or 'Organic' can not bee used. Organic as you have to guarantee that the bees have not collected nectar from flowers that have not treated (this is impossible). I have designed a number of labels for other beekeepers as well..

https://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u409/phibb/VB Outlines_zps73vicovx.png

Only thing I can add is - all the mandatory stuff should be in the one field of vision (doesn't have to be on the front) and, as with 'raw' TS doesn't like the word 'pure' on honey labels either (technically pollen is an impurity for one thing)

Hi Nantmoel
I agree with JBM. You should not use pure and the address should be visible in one view. I you use hexagonal jars it would be on a different face.
There is a specified minimum font size for the gram measurement and the oz can be the same size but no bigger.

I always use wales as one day someone might get the hint, I am from wales.

A few things already mentioned but proof read the label for mistakes before printing.
As in
Our bees gather nectar FROM not 'for' multiple flower sources.

Area, as in Cwm Pennar, Aber Pennar or Cynon Valley would be far more appealing and eye catching than 'pure'.

Is this a label for a consortium or personal?

Interesting... a Trading Standards Officer told me that I could not use Cornwall as the place of production... as it was a Dutchy... Similarly for Wales as it is a Principallity... never mentioned England... however he was adamant that the CORRECT WORDING is Product of UK... so to avoid falling foul of the legslature.. that is what we use on our labels.

Do whatever you like... you are most unlikely to be dragged through the Courts.. unless some petty official wants to make an example of you!

Nos da

Interesting... a Trading Standards Officer told me that I could not use Cornwall as the place of production... as it was a Dutchy... Similarly for Wales as it is a Principallity... never mentioned England... however he was adamant that the CORRECT WORDING is Product of UK... so to avoid falling foul of the legslature.. that is what we use on our labels.

Do whatever you like... you are most unlikely to be dragged through the Courts.. unless some petty official wants to make an example of you!

Nos da

Cornwall is a county - which is why you can't use it. Wales is a country it's allowed in the regulations and confirmed by at least three different TS regions that I know of.
It seems a lot of the 'regulations' you quote on here are in fact a load of b8ll*x with little similarity to the facts.

Last edited:
Cornwall is a county - which is why you can't use it. Wales is a country it's allowed in the regulations and confirmed by at least three different TS regions that I know of.
It seems a lot of the 'regulations' you quote on here are in fact a load of b8ll*x with little similarity to the facts.

Good comment from the No 1 at b8ll*x :winner1st:

Latest posts

Back