Who Knows What This Disc Is?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
I know what it is but anybody else?

Probably from something like this... Which is a 5MB hard drive.
e8yzevu2.jpg

It's amazing really that you can now get 1TB on a thumb drive!!

It's a platter.
And it was disk, not disc :)

never seen them that large but worked with the type behind which i think are IBM7000 series removable disk stacks
Likewise, don't recall the massive ones. The drives the big one is leaning against look like CDC 80MB pack drives to me. They were widely sold with many systems, although I don't think IBM used them. Behind them are a row of drives I don't recognise, but are those ICL colours?

Have ben trying to upload some more but photo bucket has broken again.
Like ebay its got too many ads and videos that people dont look at.

Likewise, don't recall the massive ones. The drives the big one is leaning against look like CDC 80MB pack drives to me. They were widely sold with many systems, although I don't think IBM used them. Behind them are a row of drives I don't recognise, but are those ICL colours?

Yes, ICL kit

I had forgotten about disc and disk. Thinking about it I suppose its because I probably havent written either word for some considerable time.

Compact disc = c/d.

Hard disk drive = h/dd or hard drive.

optical or magnetic ?
Magnetic. The density of devices on chips has increased over the years, but it has been paralleled by the increasing density of storage on magnetic materials.

Latest posts

Back