Whats the worst tasting honey?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only tried two different honeys.
One from my uncle that lived in Ayrshire and our bee's honey. I didn't like either, in fact both were disgusting. So bad I feel the need to wipe my tongue thinking about it. Yuck.
I just like bees, not what they produce. Luckily the rest of the family like it.

I rather like the medicinal taste of ivy honey: reminds me of a decent Islay malt.

I was going to say ivy is the worst i've tasted but now that you say this, I'll try again. I have a couple of nice bottles of islay to compare it to :)

Last edited:
I had never ever tasted honey until I extracted my first supers a few years ago now. It's best freshly extracted. I prefer the OSR honey to the runny honey, but don't eat much raw. Amazed at how many people say they want runny honey...I don't like when it's been heated up for bottling, and I am careful about temperatures, but it never tastes the same. I do however have to use lots of honey in cooking (all the odds and ends) and it makes lovely honey and walnut cookies, delicious fudge, and lots of other goodies. No one else eats honey in the family, but they do eat honey cake etc.

Like osr honey. Ive got some that ive just extracted and it leaves like a tinny taste. Dont know what it is... Any one got any ideas?????

I rather like the medicinal taste of ivy honey: reminds me of a decent Islay malt.

sounds like i would like that to. its a bit like rootbeer aswell then. my wife thinks it tastes like germalene and hates it.

Drone larvae fried with a bit of salt and garlic are very nice.

is that shallow fried or deep fried. i could take some for the kids at school to try they love eating unusual foods.

my wife thinks it tastes like germalene and hates it.

Germolene on toast. Ideal with the grilled Drone larvae.

Methinks the Germolene taste might be anti varroa chemicals?

Lavender honey. It tasted strongly of lavender.

Germolene on toast. Ideal with the grilled Drone larvae.

Methinks the Germolene taste might be anti varroa chemicals?

no she thinks the islay and rootbeer tastes like germolene. i love the taste of them got into the taste of rootbeer when McDs' used to sell it went there just for it. now get my fix from sainsbubs 69p for 2ltrs of carters rootbeer. mmmmmmm.

:lurk5:

no she thinks the islay and rootbeer tastes like germolene.
ah!
My mistake.
However.............one does have to ask the obvious..........
was the germolene experiment part of a childhood tasting contest?

ah!
My mistake.
However.............one does have to ask the obvious..........
was the germolene experiment part of a childhood tasting contest?

of course

I like all honeys, but one I do not rate at all is rape, as it is so bland.

Mixed in with something else, it's fine. But surely there's nothing worse than a bland food product?

stinkiest honey has to be dandelion!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back