Extracted honey supers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi everyone
i would like to ask a couple of question. Can i put the extracted honey super straight back up on the hive for them to fill again or should i let them clean it and then put it on the hive. the other question is that how long should i spin the manual spinner until it is all extracted. or do you inspect the frames to see what is left in, when do you stop?
your views will be appreciated

Hi everyone
i would like to ask a couple of question. Can i put the extracted honey super straight back up on the hive for them to fill again or should i let them clean it and then put it on the hive. the other question is that how long should i spin the manual spinner until it is all extracted. or do you inspect the frames to see what is left in, when do you stop?
Put them straight back on the hive, DO NOT leave them out for the bees to clean, else you will start a robbing frenzy which will not just be your honey bees! It’s a disease risk too.
Extract until your arm aches and as much of the honey as you can is in the spinner.

Hi everyone
You should see the honey droplets hitting the side wall start slow and spin faster till that stops or you can’t be bothered any longer😂

I always put extracted supers under the other supers on the basis that bees like to fill from the top. Working well this year.

Latest posts

Back