What's happing in my hive today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
have you put the divider in the beehaus so it's split into 2 hives ?

not seen a beehaus but it says they come with a divider to make it into 2 hives .

yes divider is in new frames at front and the old ones at back. Q has a red spot on her. three empty suppers on bit bees can not get into them , and one with contact feeder in.

thanks every one

YOU STILL HAVE TOO BIG A SPACE WITH 6 FRAMES OF FOUNDATION!!!

Sorry to shout but you don't seem to be listening.

With a newly installed nuc you need to add frames gradually and let them draw them out before giving them more to do. If you have an empty super with a contact feeder in it you also presumably have a big empty space above the brood.

As I said earlier it is going to be cold tonight and your poor bees will die of exhaustion if you leave them with all that space to keep warm.

Take out all but 2 frames of foundation, move divider board right up to the frames and make sure they have a cover directly over the brood nest.

You would be better with a frame feeder than a contact one.

If it were me I would get out there now while it is still light, take the feeder off and put a crown board and some insulation over them.

yes divider is in new frames at front and the old ones at back. Q has a red spot on her. three empty suppers on bit bees can not get into them , and one with contact feeder in.

thanks every one

I think a few photos might be an idea.

Are you saying you have three boxes on top of the brood box but the bees dont have access to them?

its 25/03/2014 12.3c here

raining and there is no activity outside the hive there all so busey inside lol

Last edited:
They won't fly in the rain.

Glad someone has been over to look at your bees.

I apologise if I have been a bit harsh on you; I was concerned that your bees would die out before you had chance to enjoy them.

thank you no problem - there fine - and we have ordered a rapid feeder and the conact feeder is going n the trash.

where getting there.

life would be so much easier if there was only one right answer too each question - but there is so many and so many work.

Ooops wrong hobby if you only wanted one answer. No point throwing the contact feeder away as it may be useful one day I have a few around the place keeping lots of useful things in one place.

Good luck, its not rocket science and the bees know what they are doing even if we don’t at times. If you have a practical mind, then you won’t go far wrong.

today its 7=55 9c and 66 humidity - of cource there is no acrion at the hive

we have a thermometer on the wall not 5 feet from hive and also it give humidity

hi guys its 08.39 4.32c no action 27 - 03 - 2014

yesterday it was very wet

and nothing was happening got some hivealive on its way - so will let you know when we add it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back