What's happing in my hive today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
31-03-2014 wind 7mph

Forecast Summary
Today
Generally dry with some bright or sunny periods and perhaps an isolated shower. Later this afternoon a few heavier showers may develop with a risk of more organised thundery rain for a time this evening. Light winds and feeling warm.

Tonight
Risk of showers or thundery rain at first this evening, but this clearing north by the early hours. Dry thereafter, and becoming misty with patchy fog and ground frost developing.

Environmental Summary
UV: 2
UK Range: 1-7
Pollution: Very High
UK Range: Low to Very High
Pollen: Low

nothing happening in the hive yet today will report back latter

Last edited:
Be aware that thundery weather may well make you bees agitated. They don't like it.

thank you - i love this place your all so helpful - is there anything i can do too make the bee's happier please?

Hi coventry bee boy,
I would have thought a colony's number one measure of happiness is when the bee keeper leaves them alone.

the set up is - we can see them from the kitchen window- and the garden is well lit all night long

Not sure about the 'well lit' feature of your garden . Still shouldn't matter really as a large portion of a colony are at work 24/7 :)
VM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

can't see mine they are 3 miles away atm.
couldn't have my hives in the garden if i wanted to.

not having them at home stops me messing around with them though so i guess it has it's good points

Monday, 31 March 2014, 17:22:45 BST

Forecast Summary
This Evening and Tonight
Some showery rain around this evening, and this could be heavy perhaps thundery at times, before it clears away to the north during the early hours of Tuesday. Then largely dry with some patchy mist or fog developing.

Environmental Summary
Pollution: Very High
Pollen: Moderate

pollen seems better - dose it ever get very high in uk or not?

Weather reports warn of air Bourne pollen grains ,bees go for none wind pollinating plants so pollen counts mean little.
Bees flying over grass land do accidentally pick up airborne pollen due to their being statically charged . This is a reason for honey still being beneficial in hay fever cases even though the bees producing it don't actively gather grass pollen.
VM

yes i know this but i was just reading the meter's and copying here

Last edited:
pollen seems better - dose it ever get very high in uk or not?

Yes. You can sometimes see clouds of it coming off conifers on a sunny day. When grass flowers are ripe they'll produce a lot of pollen, but you might not notice it as readily.

yes i know this but i was just reading the meter's and copying here

Why?
You are new and eager but please understand this forum has been around a long time without daily copy of weather reports and somehow survived.
Read it and learn is a good motto, just keep a healthy dose of cynicism as some of the responses are cast iron science and some are ill conceived. The trick is to recognise each and base your actions accordingly :)

Tuesday, 1 April 2014, 07:17:32 BST Wind Speed (mph) 2

Forecast Summary
Today
Mist and locally dense fog patches will clear through the first part of the morning, to leave a dry and fine day with plenty of sunshine. It will also feel rather warm for many into the afternoon.

Tonight
Dry in the evening with some clear periods. However it is likely to become cloudier through the night, as some locally heavy showers move in from the south.

Environmental Summary
Pollution: Low
Pollen: High

Why?
You are new and eager but please understand this forum has been around a long time without daily copy of weather reports and somehow survived.
Read it and learn is a good motto, just keep a healthy dose of cynicism as some of the responses are cast iron science and some are ill conceived. The trick is to recognise each and base your actions accordingly :)

Took a lot of notice of you then GJ!!

i've had quite a few people say the information is help full so it will be here for a while

This is the beginners section Coventry bee boy is a beginner !
Rab was his usual scathing self .
Funny how certain factions claim ownership of that which patently isn't theirs !
VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back