What's happing in my hive today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Coventry boy,

I am a new beekeeper too (not all too far from you actually) and have gained a lot of insight from your posts and the subsequent replies. So thank you all!

thank you nicky if you ever wont to pop in for a coffee - the machines always available

Forecast Summary
Today
Mist and locally dense fog patches will clear through the first part of the morning, to leave a dry and fine day with plenty of sunshine. It will also feel rather warm for many into the afternoon.

Tonight
Dry in the evening with some clear periods. However it is likely to become cloudier through the night, as some locally heavy showers move in from the south.

Environmental Summary
UV: 2
UK Range: 1-7
Pollution: Low
UK Range: Low to Very High
Pollen: Moderate

12-19 the bee's are slow today -but there in and out and its 11c now

Wednesday, 2 April 2014, 08:07:47

Forecast Summary
Today
Showery outbreaks of rain will spread northwards across the region through the day. These are likely to be heavy and possibly thundery at times, easing later on. Feeling rather warm in the sunny spells. Brisk southeasterly breeze.

Tonight
Any lingering daytime showers should quickly die out to leave a largely dry night. It is likely to be rather hazy in places.

Environmental Summary
Pollution: High
Pollen: Moderate

bee still in bed

Wednesday, 2 April 2014, 17:42:29 BST

Forecast Summary
This Evening and Tonight
Any lingering daytime showers should quickly clear to the north to leave a largely dry night for all. However, it is likely to be rather hazy for many places. Temperatures remaining mild overnight.

Environmental Summary
Pollen: Low

bee's look like there hiding lol not much action

Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 7:38:00 AM BST

Forecast Summary
Today
It should stay mainly dry this morning with some sunny breaks developing. A few heavy showers are likely to develop this afternoon, and these could turn thundery. It will feel rather warm again, especially in any sunshine.

Tonight
Further showery outbreaks of rain this evening, becoming confined to the far north of the region overnight. Elsewhere turning dry with clear spells and some patchy mist or low cloud.

Environmental Summary
UV: 1

my bee's seem to be hiding - they still got the feed in - there still sleeping - when should we take the feed out please?

my bee's seem to be hiding - they still got the feed in - there still sleeping - when should we take the feed out please?[/QUOTE]

I like many others have no feed on my hives now. They have plenty in the hive and can find some for themselves in flying weather.
You take the feed off when they no longer need any as they have sufficient.

Friday, 4 April 2014, 10:48:32 BST

West Midlands
Forecast Summary
Today
Cloudy and locally misty to start, but staying largely dry with some decent sunny breaks developing and a small chance of the odd bit of rain. The air quality is going to be much improved on recent days.

Tonight
Staying largely dry for much of the night with clear spells. Turning cloudier from the southwest during the early hours of Saturday, with some rain likely by dawn.

Environmental Summary
Pollen: High

there still sleeping and its raining here

mine are doing orientation flights and gathering water in their new home.
you can hear them buzzing from about 7 feet away.
bees all over the bluebells collecting water and a lot on the ratchet strap doing the same.
i guess they haven't found the pond yet lol
when they find the fields of yellow osr they will be happy.

pic isn't great phone camera isn't that good.

Saturday, April 5, 2014 at 8:28:38 AM BST

Forecast Summary
Today
A rather cloudy day with outbreaks of rain with the odd heavier burst mixed in. Drier spells are likely towards the south and east and some brighter spells are possible here too.

Tonight
A mild and increasingly breezy night with extensive cloud cover. Mostly remaining dry, but the cloud will be thick enough for the odd patch of rain or drizzle at times.

Environmental Summary

no action yet today there ALL HAVING A LIE IN

Sunday, 6 April 2014, 12:27:48 BST

Forecast Summary
Today
A generally cloudy, damp and windy day with some heavy rain possible, particularly over hills, but the odd brighter spell likely too. Clearer, cooler conditions with some sunny spells will spread from the north by evening. Winds easing slightly.

Tonight
A mainly dry night with some clear spells towards the north. Low cloud and patchy rain in the south will gradually move north to affect most areas by dawn.

Environmental Summary

bee seem busy today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back