What's for Christmas lunch?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SALAD

IF the AGA isn't repaired in time.... SWMBO tipped a gallon of water into it

MK3 Electric 30A single phase..... £3K to fix !

bang goes my ambitions of 150 new poly hives and electric extractor clean room and new quad bike with trailer to get to the out apiary!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well by the time we've got up and had eggs, bacon and pancakes, nobody could manage lunch as well. So we skip it and just have a goose in the evening. Followed by birthday cake as it's also teenage son's birthday.

How many legs has a goose got? Daddy, I need a leg . . . Me too Daddy . . . :)

We have just ordered a Goose for this year....never had it before, really looking forward to it.

Got a 10lb one for 6, or it might be 7 if the baby comes a bit early:eek:

Will keep you posted.

Goose every time. Wonderful bird, had it for Christmas dinner for the past 20 odd years. Stuff with mash, sage and onion. Beautiful.

Word of warning, 10lb may not go very far if your 6 have good appetites

I love Tanqueray
My daughter is a bit of an officianado and I have to look hard to find a bottle of gin she's never tried to put in her Chrissie stocking.
This year I have Blackwoods Vintage from Lerwick. It has a little picture on the back of the label with all the herbs used..........I might buy one for myself:)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Tanquaray. Not tried the "10" yet

Adnams brewery now produce two gins (both exceptionally nice with loads of aromatics, .

HWMBO had these for Christmas last year. He didn't like them at all. As I nondrinker of such vile perfume flavoured devil drink, I cannot comment.

I shall be sipping my peat enhanced spirits. Much more civilised.

Cazza

had it for Christmas dinner for the past 20 odd years

You could double that for me! Very close to 60!

Not been the best year finacially for us, so I'm off down the river to snaffle a nice free range swan. I'll chuckle to myself while the parasite does her annual waffle.

We have just ordered a Goose for this year....never had it before, really looking forward to it.

Got a 10lb one for 6, or it might be 7 if the baby comes a bit early :eek:

:iagree:

We'd get one that size for four adults.

Turkey on Christmas Day for us, probably Goose or Venison for New Year.

Totally looking forward to the 6 litres of sloe gin that was maturing in our garage, great year for sloes..... However..... one of the neighbours cats broke into said garage and managed to smash the lot.
For xmas lunch we are having pot roast ginger tom........ ;)

Goose every time. Wonderful bird, had it for Christmas dinner for the past 20 odd years. Stuff with mash, sage and onion. Beautiful.

Of the 6, only about 3 will have it really the other 3 are "fussy"

I am sure it will be fine. Everyone gets too much of Christmas and end up binning most of it anyway.

Not been the best year finacially for us, so I'm off down the river to snaffle a nice free range swan. I'll chuckle to myself while the parasite does her annual waffle.

Had swan roast in Sweden many moons ago..... can not remember what it was like ... far far too much aquavit had been imbibed!

Couple of bottles Wolf Blass and a Pizza

chicken as turkey is over rated

:iagree: but i still like turkey!
When my grandparents raised their own poultry, the majority of fowl sold at Christmas was chicken (heaviest they bred/slaughtered weighed in at around 16 pounds) then duck, goose and nobbut a few turkeys.

here's an excellent christmas cake recipe - my favourite :cheers2: (especially suitable for vegetarians)

1 Assemble the following items: 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, 4 large brown eggs, 2 cups of dried fruit, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of brown sugar, lemon juice, 1 cup of nuts and 1 bottle of whiskey.
2 Sample the whiskey to check for quality.
3 Take a large bowl. Check the whiskey again. To be sure it's the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again.
4 Make sure the whiskey is still okay. Cry another tup. Turn off the mixer. Beat two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the tuner. If the fired druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver.
5 Sample the whiskey to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares? Check the whiskey. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar or something. Whatever you can find.
6 Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window. Check the whiskey again and go to bed

enjoy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back