Beekeeping Christmas presents

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nannysbees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
So what Christmas bee goodies did you have?I had quite a few bee related gifts. A beekeeping organiser which will be useful. Bee socks which I love. Posh bee themed candles in a glass holder. I'm not trusted with candles, as I once left them on a windowsill and went to bed, lucky the smell of burning woke us up as the flames were lapping up the window, and I melted the new windowsill we had put in that day!!!!! An event in reminded of frequently

An air tag. I'm trying to think of how I could attach it to my hide tool.
Anyhow, it's ended up on the vehicle keying, and so very useful for out apiaries.

No beekeeping presents. SWMBO decrees that I have far too many bee-gadgets, take up far too much room in the shed and garage with bee-kit and in the extracting season make most door handles in the house sticky.......;)

I was scammed!!! I ordered on line some nice perfume and silk scarves and a pair of shoes for my wife but the scammers sent me some SN1 frames and foundation and other bee stuff... disgraceful! How do they get your details anyway?
Take care out there.
K ;)

Nothing,
I had a Hein/Swienty Heather press earlier in December, which was a present to myself plus
We spend far too much the rest of the year and having a break from them is really what we need.

I was given a new Oz Armour suit to match my existing one. Sadly I don't want it. Not because it's a bad suit: it certainly isn't. It's just that to get my shoulders into my current suit I needed a 3XL which as I'm not really a 3XL means the legs are too long, there's enough material around the waist to make an entire new suit and the cuffs don't do up snugly. A spare suit would be handy, but I need to try a few on to see what fits best. So it's going to have to go back :(

James

I was given a new Oz Armour suit to match my existing one. Sadly I don't want it. Not because it's a bad suit: it certainly isn't. It's just that to get my shoulders into my current suit I needed a 3XL which as I'm not really a 3XL means the legs are too long, there's enough material around the waist to make an entire new suit and the cuffs don't do up snugly. A spare suit would be handy, but I need to try a few on to see what fits best. So it's going to have to go back :(

James
James,

I had a similar issue to you, to get body length, go for a ”larger size” and have lots of spare material.
at last year‘s bee show I was on bb wear stand, and they suggested I ordered a “made to measure” with longer body…. ordered the suit, and it was a great investment. Fitted and was comfortable.

Pete

James,

I had a similar issue to you, to get body length, go for a ”larger size” and have lots of spare material.
at last year‘s bee show I was on bb wear stand, and they suggested I ordered a “made to measure” with longer body…. ordered the suit, and it was a great investment. Fitted and was comfortable.

Pete
:iagree: always had a first rate service from them

Nothing bee related sadly.

James
Regarding the length, could you fit drysuit braces inside it?

Got any details on the drysuit- are the seams still competent?
It's a Collin's nets 'telescopic' drysuit, designed for us - and the water fairies when doing RTA recoveries involving water immersion, can't remember the company who actually made the things - just that their workshop was in Sheffield (I remember going up to meet them and discuss design/measurement issues. It was made for me probably the year before the 2012 olympics (I remember wearing it for that) and has sat, rolled up in the attic since July 2013 so probably not in a good state now!!

Latest posts

Back