Beekeeping Xmas Presents!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got given money, as the minute I started talking about SN1s and unwired foundation this glazed looked came over people's eyes. Works out well though - can now make the most of the sales!

I accidentally sent a generic email to all my relatives with links to a few beekeeping suppliers pages and it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I accidentally sent a generic email to all my relatives with links to a few beekeeping suppliers pages and it worked

...that was a great 'accident'!

Not so good, I have no new socks and I smell like a skunk

There's a pity - a leading fishing tackle supplier of which I am an agent just informed me that they are no longer the UK agents for gopro as the commodity is growing too fast to suit their business model -I could get them at cost price!!

SWMBO and I decided not to bother with presents this year as we are off to Rome again in February so, just to make me feel guilty she bought me a DVD - 'More Than Honey' !! wanted to see that for a while but with my eyes as they were no point going to see it when it was shown at a hall locally.
Knowing she would do something like that I'd bought her a bottle of boutique gin to add to her collection
Quentin Tarantino film by any chance, Let the sheep live and follow them into the Welshman's Layer..

Received Screws for nuc boxes and a screwdriver set (upon request) , which was good.
Bought myself the book "Honey Bee Democracy" by Seeley, which i havent read yet. Been meaning to get it for ages!! January reading me thinks!! Feeling happy!! Looking forward too the new year. Cant wait to get these decos down and kids back to school!!bee-smillie

The Honey Bee Inside Out, by Elia Davis.

Amongst other things that stop me from smelling
��

Not exactly beekeeping, but tenuously related, a new Swiss army knife and a cracker of a book, A Sting in the Tale, by Dave Goulson ( My adventures with Bumblebees). I'm a happy boy :)

I'm still waiting for my Christmas present...

Same here. I saw two Santas, but they drove opposite direction.

2 months ago my wife wondered an odd pal. I went to buy garden hose and game back with new car.

Last edited:
Ha ha Finny....as you are closer to the North Pole...don't you get your presents first?
My proper Xmas present arrives on the 8/9 January....hopefully. In the meantime I am coming to grips with my GoPro.

Everything I got this year is bee related. The OH got me The Field Guide to Bees of Britain and Ireland ( which I have wanted since it was released back in Sept ) I got a years membership to BWARS ( from the chairman of the society no less! ) My mum bought me a bee necklace, and my good friend Dusty got me a beautiful china cup with Queen Bee written on it, with a beautiful bee necklace inside. Arran got his own cup too, with Arran, Best Beekeeper in Manchester on it, which he has his hot chocolate in every night.

It has been a lovely Christmas this year :)

Get the chest harness for the GoPro, you get a really good view of the hive with a slight downward angle.
I record every inspection, they are great to watch in the winter for a bee fix.

Get the chest harness for the GoPro, you get a really good view of the hive with a slight downward angle.
I record every inspection, they are great to watch in the winter for a bee fix.

Just ordered one!....also a SD card...which doesn't come with it....so although I have had a good look at the camera and know where the 'on' button is....I haven't actually been able to use it yet.....still...good old Amazon to the rescue...more pressies in a few days for me!
Can't wait to try recording my bees. Totally amazed by OH thinking of getting one for me....but I have the funniest feeling that he has snuck in a present for himself under the guise of giving it to me....as he is the one with all the camera know how....ha ha.
And ...still got my main pressy to look forward to!

Last edited:
My dear old mum sorted me out with a few things :
14*12 brood box
Roof
Floor
QX
Pack of frames

Which is lucky as I want to move to 14*12s in the spring - or give them a go anyway :)

Just ordered one!....also a SD card...which doesn't come with it....so although I have had a good look at the camera and know where the 'on' button is....I haven't actually been able to use it yet.....still...good old Amazon to the rescue...more pressies in a few days for me!
Can't wait to try recording my bees. Totally amazed by OH thinking of getting one for me....but I have the funniest feeling that he has snuck in a present for himself under the guise of giving it to me....as he is the one with all the camera know how....ha ha.
And ...still got my main pressy to look forward to!

Before you get the SD card take some time to check the write speed. GoPro forums are full of sound advice, some SD cards are better than others, the wrong one will ruin your day!

Before you get the SD card take some time to check the write speed. GoPro forums are full of sound advice, some SD cards are better than others, the wrong one will ruin your day!

I got the SD card which was recommended...so hope it works ok...mind you, with me working it...anything could go wrong!

Latest posts

Back