Beekeeping Xmas Presents!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremyfro

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Beehaus
Number of Hives
Possibly...5 and a bit...depends on the bees.
What did you get for Christmas for your Hobby Beekeeping?
I wished for a number of things...which were ignored by all.
However...my dear OH must have been listening as when I unwrapped his gift to me....a GoPro camera....yay....can't wait to learn how to use it.
So be prepared for some rather amateurish videos of my bees once I have mastered the wee beastie!

I was not expecting anything bee related and expected the usual socks and smellys . OH shocked me with a new honey spinner and her inlaws gave me a box of 1lb honey jars . Best the bees deliver this year then . I did increase my colony size with another 3 hives from a retiring beek and a couple of spare hives and plenty of supers as a present to myself so its all coming together .

I got the usual stuff socks/ slippers / deodorant and so on but the best thing i have had in a long time was a simple Bee Book which has a lot of answers to what i want to know.

I wanted a new bee suit and maybe some gloves, but didn't get any, or the new status quo album and dvd, al buy me own lol

Wow...we did do well!
Erica....you must go around saying things like...if only I had a GoPro...I could record this....if only I had a GoPro....I could video you...doing a backflip....skiing....sailing....running...Ironman...and so on.
My best one was...if only I had a GoPro....I could do this inspection on my own as I could look at it all later......although having a Bee Mate is a lot more enjoyable and of course all the mistakes are only half my fault....tee he.

Ah ! Mr snelgrove . 'Wanted !' . You only get what you wish for , not what you want . (as i constantly tell the children).

I was not expecting anything bee related and expected the usual socks and smellys . OH shocked me with a new honey spinner and her inlaws gave me a box of 1lb honey jars . Best the bees deliver this year then . I did increase my colony size with another 3 hives from a retiring beek and a couple of spare hives and plenty of supers as a present to myself so its all coming together .

Soon you will be a commercial instead of a hobby Beek! You must have been making excellent hints...complete with websites!

@Tremyfro . No hints , i just kept saying i could do with something of use not just the usual junk . She phoned my mentor whilst i was at work and he pointed her in the right direction

I'm still waiting for my Christmas present....I think the GoPro was a stand in...as it didn't arrive in time...it won't get here until at least the 9th of jan.

What a clever Wifey! I bet you were thrilled. Nothing better than opening a present with no idea what is inside to find its just what you wished for!

I had a label off my daughter, it arrived today from Australia, their new honey label design.

Is it an original?...might be worth a fortune in years to come!...then you can sell it and buy a ticket to go visit in Australia.....so really...she sent you an airline ticket!...how generous is that!

Ooo a GoPro. I have a birthday in a few days.

There's a pity - a leading fishing tackle supplier of which I am an agent just informed me that they are no longer the UK agents for gopro as the commodity is growing too fast to suit their business model -I could get them at cost price!!

SWMBO and I decided not to bother with presents this year as we are off to Rome again in February so, just to make me feel guilty she bought me a DVD - 'More Than Honey' !! wanted to see that for a while but with my eyes as they were no point going to see it when it was shown at a hall locally.
Knowing she would do something like that I'd bought her a bottle of boutique gin to add to her collection

Last edited:
There's a pity - a leading fishing tackle supplier of which I am an agent just informed me that they are no longer the UK agents for gopro as the commodity is growing too fast to suit their business model -I could get them at cost price!!

Oh no!
They don't have any lurking in the corners of the stock room?

Oh no!
They don't have any lurking in the corners of the stock room?

nope, just checked only thing they have now is a Garmin VIRB action camera. Do you know, until they informed all agents they'd stopped selling them I didn't realise they could supply them - I could have sold loads!!!

Latest posts

Back