What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14 degrees but very blowy.
12c here and one of the common hives had undertakers flying out to be blown to the ground in the wind, our 2 year old was saying oney bee oney bee dad... Oh I could suck his eyes out bless him.

Got given a male sallow in flower on Sunday, in my lads garden they were flowering small maden trees.
Some of my garden and apiary willow is just starting too... but not the Goat, that's way off.
Maden? Maiden hair or maiden?

LOTS of crocus and snowdrops out. Daffodils are sprouting too. I went to the farm today to 'batten down the hatches.' The hives may not get blown over, but it won't stop a tree falling on them. It's one of the perils of being in a wood! The bees were quite active.

Some ornamental cherries in full bloom around me but the blossom is getting blown off and the weather today for the bees is batten down the hatches girls. Crocus is well in flower and some daffs are breaking cover ,,, plenty of catkins and pussy willow around. It's a real mixed bag of weather for our neck of the woods for the rest of the week - it's going to be unseasonably warm - peaking at over 12 degrees on Tuesday but a mix of cloud and rain for the most part. Not great bee weather ....

Blackthorn flowering in the Worcester and West Midlands. Tbh it's the odd bush/tree and in obviously very sheltered south facing locations.

This lovely 10m high willow WAS flowering until it was toppled over the weekend.
It's 50yrds from 10 of my hives 😢
So it was getting a bit high to be really productive, all they need to do now is cut it down to the base, rebed it and it will grow again from the stool.

So it was getting a bit high to be really productive, all they need to do now is cut it down to the base, rebed it and it will grow again from the stool.
It was solid with flower last year and the bees were all over it.
They have started cutting it up and sending in a tractor to rip out the roots.

There is hardly anything flowering here. Total dearth, apart from the ficifolia. I nearly didn't spot the fourth bee.

Attachments

• IMG_5197 (1).jpeg
    IMG_5197 (1).jpeg
    742.8 KB · Views: 11
Back