What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, snowdrops are shaping up with us now, many are now open, and the bees are all over them.
The gardener who cuts the hedges called today as well and we got chatting and earlier this week whilst trimming a tree he came across a collared dove sitting on two eggs!

Pulmonaria out in the front garden. Hopefully when we get a bit of warmth the Hairy Footed Flower Bee will be around 😊.

View attachment 30277
Attracted by the very spotted leaves I might add, can't wait for the forget me nots to get going which are a relative.

Daphne odora aureomarginata - the perfume is absolutely divine and always a joy to look forward to late January/ February. It will continue blooming and scenting the air for another month at least. Bumble bees share my love of it, sadly honey bees not at all; but this is one I planted for me, not the bees.

Attachments

• Aureo marginata.jpg
    Aureo marginata.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 14
We have one daffodil flower in the front garden now, and plenty of snowdrops but still no sign of the crocuses yet.
Plenty of crocus, snowdrops but no daffs as yet, plenty poking through but no flowers as it should be

There was a clump of wild daffs in the woods today we saw when walking the dog - very sheltered spot in the lee of a fallen tree - just about a day or two before they flower I reckon, well in bud. Far too early I think but it's a sign of the times - warmest January on record. Tell you something doesn't it ?

There was a clump of wild daffs in the woods today we saw when walking the dog - very sheltered spot in the lee of a fallen tree - just about a day or two before they flower I reckon, well in bud. Far too early I think but it's a sign of the times - warmest January on record. Tell you something doesn't it ?
Yes it's worrying

Tells me to be grateful it's not burning through as much energy to heat the house at current prices ❄️🌨️💨

Went out for walk this morning. List is getting longer.

in gardens
camelias (been out since December)
Mimosa tree
Hellebores
Daffodils
Snowdrops

In hedges
Campion
Primrose
Speedwell
Dandelion
Gorse

🙈

I have aconite in my garden but nowhere as near as spectacular as that!!!
I didn't add the most impressive photo of the aconites IMG_1111.jpg

It really is impressive there at the moment. Free to get in if you are a member of RHS.

Latest posts

Back