What do you want from the forum ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what do you want from the forum and why come here ?

• Total voters
I didn't mention the police.

What gave you the idea, Bullied at school, Draconian Censorship or Doughnut shop?:calmdown:

None of the above, but 35 years service, retired at 52, good pension, eat your heart out!!!!!

Joined the cadets at 17.

I was still in fulltime education at that age. not worthy

You'd be horrified to see how indiscipline has been almost fostered in that time, apparently Humane Rights has something to do with it.

Didn't the Fire Service offer to take over some discipline aspects last year?

As per our P.M's ... let's keep to beekeeping. it is a far safer subject ;)

I would like an explanation when the site is down for hours at a time.

Also to be able to post up photos without having to drag them into a resizing program first.

As for using my phone to view the site it's hopeless I find. It starts very small text and when I blow it up then obviously I cannot see most of the text so most times I just give up. The site is not at all optimised for phones as far as I can see.

I get the overall feeling that the software is outdated now?

PH

Also to be able to post up photos without having to drag them into a resizing program first.

As for using my phone to view the site it's hopeless I find. It starts very small text and when I blow it up then obviously I cannot see most of the text so most times I just give up. The site is not at all optimised for phones as far as I can see.

PH

I use an elderly laptop at home and my equally elderly i-phone when I dip in occasionally during my lunchtime at work. Works for me OK ?

It's tiny on my phone a now getting on Nokia 5. It was the same on my previous one too.

PH

It's tiny on my phone a now getting on Nokia 5. It was the same on my previous one too.

PH

I just use my finger and thumb to scroll out on the phone screen and scroll across to read the posts ... yes .. you do have to scroll across to read all the text on a line but how you avoid small text on a small screen I don't know ?

The forum is quite quick on my old i-phone and I've got used to scrolling out to enlarge and scrolling back in after I've read a post. Not been a problem for me.

Perhaps you need to invest in a tablet with a much bigger screen rather than a phone if you are doing a lot on the internet on your phone ?

PH

It may be to do with your integrated web browser which may have a Small Screen Rendering option - you can usually toggle on/off. However the site itself may not be written or optimised for small screens/mobile web; and there will always be a need to scroll of course.

Nah, it's because the size of a phones screen is about 20X smaller than that of the average laptop.... Text is bound to look smaller...but.....you can use the two fingered salute to enlarge the text.
Place two fingers together on the screen and draw apart as in giving the "V".
Works for me :D

I have very little experience of "browsing" on my phone so this tiny text and then enlarging and dragging it all over the place in a painfully slow process is normal?????????????

If so I am keeping my phone for calls.

PH

I have very little experience of "browsing" on my phone so this tiny text and then enlarging and dragging it all over the place in a painfully slow process is normal?????????????

If so I am keeping my phone for calls.

PH

No, painfully slow is not normal. It's very quick and pain free on my phone (Old Samsung Galaxy).
Probably your phone is the issue, best you stick to phone calls until you upgrade.

No, painfully slow is not normal. It's very quick and pain free on my phone (Old Samsung Galaxy).
Probably your phone is the issue, best you stick to phone calls until you upgrade.

Agreed. I use my phone when away and have no problems.

nice to see this old poll being resurrected ... :)

think the forum (slow or down or not) is a much better place

well done everyone (mods, admin and pond life like me)

nice to see this old poll being resurrected ... :)

think the forum (slow or down or not) is a much better place

well done everyone (mods, admin and pond life like me)

:iagree:

PH
Can I suggest that you look at Tapatalk app for using the forum on your phone, none of the text size issues etc very useable, readable. Look on Google play or the i phone store. Once downloaded just search for the forum.

You can select new posts / subscribed / unread.

There are ads if you don't pay, but not hugely intrusive.

Simon

Latest posts

Back