What do you want from the forum ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what do you want from the forum and why come here ?

• Total voters
My comment was aimed at the MJ avatar. Horrid person and although technically the jury is out on him, the evidence has a pretty strong smell.

What I want from the forum is good solid beekeeping advice especially for beginners.

PH

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2: OCD strikes again !

I had a good friend in Hong Kong who used to send my emails back to me with the punctuation and sintax corrected .. Sad but true .. BUT .. my English was pretty good to start with and his 'lessons' imrpoved it no end.

I'm no pedant but there are a few things that irritate me ..

It's when it should be its
Of when it should be have
There when it should be their
Where when it should be were
Apostrophes where they should not be and missing when they should
Missing commas
Sentences which leave you gasping for breath
An appalling lack of ;
Total reliance on automatic insertion and spell checkers

I try and avoid correcting people unless they ask for assistance .. not everyone got their English beaten in to them 'like what I did' at school and subsequently improved by my pedantic friend ... and it can be irritating unless you have a thick skin 'like what I have'.

And let's not even go near what has happened to spoken English .. Like, yer know, So.

You and I must be of a similar age 😃

Bees’ annoys me too

You started it! :rules:

So I did ! I'd forgotten ... Mea Culpa as well .. good fun though !

The other thing that gets up my nose is form letters that address me as 'Dear Mr Philip Argyle' ...

Get a proper database and use the fields in the form letter properly if you want me to take your letter seriously.. it isn't rocket science ..

And Gobbledygook speak ...I hear it all the time at work .. drives me mad ! I think some people get up in the morning and the first thing they do is find the phrase of the day here:

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/gobbledygook-generator.html

I think being a platform to discuss and influence policy relating to beekeeping is important, at both an organisational and governmental level.

I think being a platform to discuss and influence policy relating to beekeeping is important, at both an organisational and governmental level.

Compulsory stock control, movement licencing and registration for anyone keeping bees NOW !!!... as with other food producing stock!!!

Compulsory stock control, movement licencing and registration for anyone keeping bees NOW !!!... as with other food producing stock!!!

But the bees are never mine, I just have the privilege of homing them....... Tin hat on!
E

As new to both beekeeping, and this forum, I would like to see decent answers and discussions on all the topics.
Someone will always be upset by someone else, intentional, or not. Banter can be given and taken by most.
I would like to feel that I could post what some of you may see as a stupid question (I have many) and get a knowledgeable response, or link to find the answer. I have done so far. I know it takes time to reply, but the advice gained here helps everyone, and will continue to for future members.
Off to think of more stupid questions

Don't know if the forum supports it, but I frequent a few forums that have the ability to give a post a thumbs up or a like....you might not necessarily want to reply with a full quoted post to say thanks or I agree so its a nice way to show appreciation to members posts.

Don't know if the forum supports it, but I frequent a few forums that have the ability to give a post a thumbs up or a like....you might not necessarily want to reply with a full quoted post to say thanks or I agree so its a nice way to show appreciation to members posts.

This would be exactly that type of post.

Compulsory stock control, movement licencing and registration for anyone keeping bees NOW !!!...

How about complete deregulation, Outing of covert censorship or threats of draconian action from those who chose their profession after being bullied at school, & now spend their time (when not in the doughnut shop) trying to intimidate the law abiding public or those who have a pop at them on this forum?
:biggrinjester:

Last edited:
How about complete deregulation, Outing of covert censorship or threats of draconian action from those who chose their profession after being bullied at school, & now spend their time (when not in the doughnut shop) trying to intimidate the law abiding public or those who have a pop at them on this forum?
:biggrinjester:

I think whatever personal opinions you have of some? all? members of the police force they don’t really have a place on this forum, Eh?

I think whatever personal opinions you have of some? all? members of the police force they don’t really have a place on this forum, Eh?

I didn't mention the police.

What gave you the idea, Bullied at school, Draconian Censorship or Doughnut shop?:calmdown:

Latest posts

Back