What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Closed up the weaker hive I was worried about - completely devoid of bees - no dead ones on the floor just a small patch of capped brood left. The frames of stores had been robbed out - but they had stores when I looked in a week ago and at that stage there were no eggs or uncapped brood - not enough bees though and I rather expected that they were doomed. No sign of brood disease and I uncapped some of the capped brood left and no signs of varroa. Queen failure I think. Pity, they were never the strongest or biggest of colonies compared to my others - headed up by a supercedure queen last year. NIce bees to handle and they produced a couple of good supers of honey this year - well below the others in my apiary but I accept what nature provides. An empty hive is always a sad sight.

All my other colonies looking good - still taking down Invertbee and flying when they can. Starting to feel nice and heavy now with feeding and the Ivy.

Latest posts

Back