What are your bees foraging on this week?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bugger all, theres plenty of blossom, theve been out for about an hour all week!! we had 32mm of rain on thurs, all very hungry fed fondant today

Same here - weather appaling today and worse forecast tomorrow, better monday then more showers...
When they do get out they are on the last of the cherry and start of the apples. Hawthorn just starting to bloom in the allotment hedges.

Same here but tomorrow is gonna be 16˚ :)
Then they have sycamore, cherry, horse chestnut and fields of dandelion as far as the eye can see.

Sugar, and the ones that haven't got much pollen in the boxes Neopoll too. Interesting to see how much they prefer Neopoll to fondant. Shame it is so much more expensive.

Same here - weather appaling today and worse forecast tomorrow, better monday then more showers...
When they do get out they are on the last of the cherry and start of the apples. Hawthorn just starting to bloom in the allotment hedges.
sorry just got my first hive so dont think of me as being stupid but when you say fed sugar is that syrup or just put plain sugar in a bowl on the crownboard :blush5:

sorry just got my first hive so dont think of me as being stupid but when you say fed sugar is that syrup or just put plain sugar in a bowl on the crownboard :blush5:

syrup = 1:1 at this time of yr

thanks i thought you just put a bowl of sugar in but i have got some 1;1 syrup in there i just thought i was missing a trick lol

I found a few ladies on these while out walking earlier:

Caltha palustris (Kingcup, Marsh Marigold)

-

They like the rosemary. And the main crop apple blossom is out here.

Latest posts

Back