What are your bees foraging on this week?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nettle is in flower but no bees on it

I was walking to get some lunch yesterday and noticed lots of nettle, my first thought was do they flower and would bees forage! Being very new to beekeeping it's strange ( for me) to look at plants and start thinking about pollen nectar and bees!

Rowan, Hawthorn just coming, Horse Chestnut, Cotoneaster.
Neighbour's Rhododendron was humming this afternoon when the sun came out.
Still some sycamore out.

loads of bramble has got flower buds now so hopefuly we will get a flow start soon still got alot of dandy lion, apple, chestnut, willow out havent seen any clover yet

I was walking to get some lunch yesterday and noticed lots of nettle, my first thought was do they flower and would bees forage! Being very new to beekeeping it's strange ( for me) to look at plants and start thinking about pollen nectar and bees!
White flowers and I have seen bees on them last year

unopened contaneaster

my bees are all over avery big contaneaster bush the funny thing is, is that the flowers are not open yet so they must be collecting from it as they are all over it .....

Don't know what my bees are on but bringing in loads of buttermilk colour pollen does anyone know what it could be (please)

-

A few of mine are cleaning up the propolis from a queen excluder I removed recently and left out in the sun to soften up. This one looks a little dark to be one of my carnies though, so maybe from another colony nearby... you can see a decent sized ball of it on her hind leg.

-

Latest posts

Back