Weald Farm Orders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Park Cattle;146876 said:
1trelill is an excellent eBayer.

I've had stuff from him in the past.

No problems there.

:iagree:

Stiffy;146970 said:
:iagree:Watch any bees you buy though as he doesnt treat, one of the misnamed 'Natural beekeepers'
S

Not true!

I have bees from him, i took delivery on the 18th of april. Thts 10 weeks i have had them and still no sign of a varroa mite!

suggest you look a bit harder lol as there will be some in there

Winker;146987 said:
Not true!

I have bees from him, i took delivery on the 18th of april. Thts 10 weeks i have had them and still no sign of a varroa mite!

Yes its true!
Not sure what your problem is as all hives have the little bleeders just some people treat, others dont. If you havnt found them maybe you should have gone to Specsxxers or maybe you dont know what to look for?

In fact when I collected, Robert was the one who told me he doesnt treat and that the Nuc I had would need treating if I didnt want to keep bees along the same lines as him. I did treat them and yep they had a high varroa load.
Unlike WPF this guy is honest and I would not have a problem buying from him again.
Cheers
S

PS I dont have his bees any longer

VEG;147106 said:
suggest you look a bit harder lol as there will be some in there

i have 3 colonies 2 of which have Varroa the thrid has 0 i have had the boards in for 10 weeks and inspected them with a maginfing glass on a weekly basis and still 0 varroa in that colonie i got from WPF

So are you claiming you have 1 hive with absolutely no varroa in?

VEG;147184 said:
So are you claiming you have 1 hive with absolutely no varroa in?

i claim to have a Nuc of over wintered bees i got from WPF on the 18th of April 2011, To this date 27-06-2011 i have had 0 varroa drop on to the varroa floor, which is cleaned every single week and re-sprayed with vegetable oil and replaced. before i clean the Varroa floor i inspect it with a magnifying glass, not only for varroa, but out of sheer interest of the stuff on the floor close up and from a photographers perspective.

Next up: I claim to have 2 other hives which :eek: do have varroa Mite present, :eek: one which has a low drop of 13 over a week and the other had a moderate drop of 19 over the week.

If you feel as if you wish to dispute this, PM me i will give you my address and you can come and monitor my hives for a week. I have nothing to hide!

So there you have it, both of my claims.

bit far for me to come to check them out maybe you should contact your local bee breeding group as they would be very interested in your varroa free bees.

VEG;147252 said:
bit far for me to come to check them out maybe you should contact your local bee breeding group as they would be very interested in your varroa free bees.

funny you should say that, My BKA Mentor, tells me that it appears some bees are more resistant than others. But i still have to assume the hive has varroa, and treat them each year as if they do have varroa. His words! But to this date nor he or I have found any evidence of varroa mite in that hive.

Winker,
have you tried forking out drone brood? It's a pretty good indicator of relative levels of varroa in your hives. It's quite a handy mid season test without the fuss of checking floor debris.

Chris B;147270 said:
Winker,
have you tried forking out drone brood? It's a pretty good indicator of relative levels of varroa in your hives. It's quite a handy mid season test without the fuss of checking floor debris.

i have a super frame in the BB for drone culling/varroa control. That yes was also forked.

But lets not get excited here!

I have had the bees for 10 weeks, 4 of which the hive was queenless, so varroa had no place to breed in those 4 weeks, as there was no lava for them to breed in. New Queen just started laying again 2 weeks ago.

Never the less my claim still stands: WPF Nuc of bees 10 weeks old 0 Varroa mite drop on the Varroa floor.

Bite me :reddevil:

Winker;147280 said:
i have a super frame in the BB for drone culling/varroa control. That yes was also forked.

But lets not get excited here!

I have had the bees for 10 weeks, 4 of which the hive was queenless, so varroa had no place to breed in those 4 weeks, as there was no lava for them to breed in. New Queen just started laying again 2 weeks ago.

Never the less my claim still stands: WPF Nuc of bees 10 weeks old 0 Varroa mite drop on the Varroa floor.

Bite me :reddevil:

ive got 2 nucs off WFB one queen less new queen due today will look for vorroa as bee inspector due today to check them let you know results later

Not wanting to be mean but to me the issues in this thread are associated more with the owner than with the bees. If his bees were all Varroa free super bees with their pants on the outside we would all be placing orders...

The concern has been the low, intermittent, fulfillment of such orders and the inconsistent makeup of many fulfilled orders.

Having not been involved I am drawing my conclusions from the content of this thread alone. It is nice to note a happy customer though - there's got be some ...law of probability...

Sam

Winker;146987 said:
Not true!

Sorry to re-post but it does look like you need to go and have your eyes checked, you might also find the mites then?
The reply I posted was not about WPF bees but Trelil1 on Ebay, several other posters were commenting on how good Trelil1 is and my reply was in response. Let’s be clear Trelil1 is a good Ebayer and reputable retailer and admits to having varroa in his bees same as everyone else, WPF is a…………sorry can’t put it down, just read other posts!

Thankfully I have never bought bees from WPF but did order some of his fictitious poly Nucs which in the end came from Paxxnes!
Cheers
S

Stiffy;147362 said:
Sorry to re-post but it does look like you need to go and have your eyes checked, you might also find the mites then?

If you want to cut the crap, and come check my hive for your self your more than welcome. Other wise STFU and exept what my Mentor and I have both observed from the hive in question.

It apears your having a hard time reading what i type. So lets try typing it in a difrent colour so maybe it stands out more for you.

To this date 27-06-2011 i have had 0 varroa drop on to the varroa floor, which is cleaned every single week and re-sprayed with vegetable oil and replaced. before i clean the Varroa floor i inspect it with a magnifying glass, not only for varroa, but out of sheer interest of the stuff on the floor close up and from a photographers perspective.

I have no hiden agenda here, If you took the time to read the thread from start to finish. You would have read that i made the claim of having 0 Varroa drop from this hive way back from the first week of having it.

Funny how i can easly see the Varroa Mites on my other 2 hives. So your verdict of my poor eye sight is flawed, which leave you in no possition to comment on anything else i have to say as you clearly just read the parts you want to read and skipp over the other facts.

Maybe you need to learn to read, more than i need glasses!

I haven't dealt with WPF .Saw the guy at Stoneleigh! .
I don't know which way you are trying to take this thread winker (maybe the nic says it all)?
I assume some PR exercise being the objective .
The nuc was Queen less (then it wasn't a nuc) ?
Trumpeting the zero mite drop from one questionable nuc adds nothing to thread really , which thus far illustrates the way not to run a business efficiently!

VM

victor meldrew;147370 said:
The nuc was Queen less (then it wasn't a nuc) ?

no i Killed the queen by mistake on week 4 of having the Nuc, at which point my 6 frame Nuc i got from William was so strong and the bees were covering 9 frames by the time i killed the queen. The hive has 1 super on it now and looks like i will have to add another this week. So the hive is strong!

victor meldrew;147370 said:
I don't know which way you are trying to take this thread winker (maybe the nic says it all)?
I assume some PR exercise being the objective .

I also stated a few pages back, that although i got a good service from WPF i would not be gracing William with anymore of my cash due to the amount of lies he tells his customers, and i may one day be one of those he tells lies to.

So no PR from me!

I just don't like to see some one being kicked for something that i feel is untrue.

As for my name well, a rose by any other name would still be a rose, eh?

Latest posts

Back