Weald Farm Orders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used WPF for beekeeping suits which were very reasonable, especially as they let me pick them up at 6.30pm on a weekday. Didn't go for his bees though :)

All the trouble with buying nucs could be avoided if the local clubs produced more allowing the begineers to buy them at a reasonable price. Which would also have the effect of making sure people had good help if they needed any. Or buy only from a recommended person.

drstitson;143737 said:
"one he made up while i waited"

so not an established nuc then....
it took him about 5 mins to get it thats the one with the queen in it

666bees;143732 said:
All the trouble with buying nucs could be avoided if the local clubs produced more allowing the begineers to buy them at a reasonable price. Which would also have the effect of making sure people had good help if they needed any. Or buy only from a recommended person.

It isn,t down to just the clubs producing nucs, there wouldn,t be any need for foreign imports if everybody sold a nuc or surplus swarms every now and then but the price must reflect the effort and TIME. :patriot:

bee ginnner;143781 said:
but the price must reflect the effort and TIME. :patriot:

and £130 to £180 per nuc is not worth the effort?

Far better and less work than a few jars of honey

jimbeekeeper;143801 said:

Far better and less work than a few jars of honey

Selling nucs versus selling honey? I've been through the pros and cons for my own benefit and I'm convinced at current prices of bees and honey, it's more advantageous to keep the bees and make honey.

A half decent nuc in May will go on to produce a super of honey before the end of the season. That's £100 worth of honey at retail prices, and you've still got the bees at the end.

And if you want to sell nucs, don't underestimate the time and expense of actually selling. Even if it's just a hobby you have to compare bees and honey on a consistent basis.

Bates;143723 said:
If you are refering to who I think you are in Gloucester you are highly mistaken, there is no deal with WPF.

"The deal between them according to WFP owner, he buys at knocked down price all the Glos guys imported queens at the end of august each year"

dunno, it came from WPF and could be just more b$£$%t. But I am pretty sure who he was referring too, the description fitted.

Nightynight;143883 said:
"The deal between them according to WFP owner, he buys at knocked down price all the Glos guys imported queens at the end of august each year"

dunno, it came from WPF and could be just more b$£$%t. But I am pretty sure who he was referring too, the description fitted.

WPF is full of b&**$%%t, he wanted the one you refer to in Gloucester to supply queens and nucs at knock down price, but he did not want to pay untill he had sold them, (would you do that) plus he never has any left at end of season, i have spoke to wpf a number of times and he has jumped off cliff before he can swim. some good ideas and good talking bull, but very little hands on work.

jimbeekeeper;143801 said:

thats a good price as far as i,m concerned,what i meant was in respect of the post saying that clubs should knock nuc,s out cheap

:)

666bees;143732 said:

the local BKA clubs are registered charity's, They are making so much ££££ now that they have had to stop selling some things as they have reached their Maxum income before they get taxed. This is due to the influx of newbies all buying bits and bobs through their local BKA's

Winker;143912 said:
the local BKA clubs are registered charity's, They are making so much ££££ now that they have had to stop selling some things as they have reached their Maxum income before they get taxed. This is due to the influx of newbies all buying bits and bobs through their local BKA's

My local association certainly doesn't make loads of money

johnandyrob;143921 said:
My local association certainly doesn't make loads of money

Mine is complaining they made too much and last year had to stop selling BKA stuff, to keep them under the tax limit

steve1958;144257 said:
Must be a lot of wealthy Beekeepers in Bedfordshire :)

probablely due to Bedfordshire s BKA not being affiliated to the BBKA so they have more money to spend instead of paying BBKA fees:sifone:

and i have committed a Cardinal sin, even with all this bad vibes on here about WPF attitude to punters, i have ordered a 14x12 correx box from him on ebay

have i just thrown £10 +P&P away??????

MuswellMetro;144311 said:
probablely due to Bedfordshire s BKA not being affiliated to the BBKA so they have more money to spend instead of paying BBKA fees:sifone:

and i have committed a Cardinal sin, even with all this bad vibes on here about WPF attitude to punters, i have ordered a 14x12 correx box from him on ebay

have i just thrown £10 +P&P away??????

I think you will be ok, he not as bad as some would make out. But i dont think i will be buying anything from him again though :rolleyes:

dont buy any bees off him you will be disappointed with them see the comment on page 28 no 272 as this is me im now in dispute with him he hasnt replied to my emails and phone is answer phone keep phoning him and email him

Latest posts

Back