varroa treatments

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldwgs

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi, wondering which strips control method is preferred by you all. I have used Apiguard and MAQS

Hi, wondering which strips control method is preferred by you all. I have used Apiguard and MAQS
Apiguard is not a strip, do you mean apivar/apistan

Apitraz in August was fantastic last year, with a December blast of Api Bioxal to finish them off.
That’s exactly what I’ve been doing but with the oxalic a little later. We’ll all have to keep an eye on the effectiveness of the apivar though in future years.

[QUOTE="robinharman,
Apitraz in August was fantastic last year,
can you still buy it? BS Honey says its discontinued??

The problem with Apivar is that it leaves a residue in the foundation. If you want to do a demaree the following year you can't then take the honey the bees have stored in the upper chamber.

The problem with Apivar is that it leaves a residue in the foundation. If you want to do a demaree the following year you can't then take the honey the bees have stored in the upper chamber.
Nothing saying you can’t take the honey?

Do any of you use Api Life Var?

Yes I did once. Worked well enough. Make sure it’s not too hot as the vapour is pretty strong. I can’t recall the temperature requirements off hand. The biscuits melt poly.

Latest posts

Back