Varroa resistant Russian Bee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I don't often see the need to play peacemaker on the forum but Beren, could it be that BBG might just have been quoting the part of your earlier post he felt was most relevant?

If you delve back into some of the older threads on this forum you will see that people have often asked posters not to endlessly quote complete posts when they only need to quote a portion of them. To me it looks as if BBG did this and has highlighted your comment about the agression and poor honey production qualities. BBG then questions why anyone would want to introduce these qualities and cites the problem critters that have previously been introduced into our ecosystems.

My question to you is why would you not try to work with bees that are already in the country and proven to be adapted to our climate. If you search the forum you will find that there are threads on native hygienic/varroa resistant/tolerant bees and related breeding programmes.

My question to you is why would you not try to work with bees that are already in the country and proven to be adapted to our climate. If you search the forum you will find that there are threads on native hygienic/varroa resistant/tolerant bees and related breeding programmes.

Lots of bees are already in this country, proven to be adapted to this climate, aren't native, and are arguably more suitable to beekeeping than the native bee (which people are unlikely to have, they often confuse local mongrel with native).

What have you quoted BBG? Do not mess around with what I say then put it on as a quote. Quote what I said correctly or dont quote me at all!!

I quoted the phrase that you used and with which I wished to illustrate my point.

It is pointless (as has been said in numerous other posts) in quoting the whole of what someone says, when you are only trying to differ or agree with a single sentence or so.

Thus,I quote you:

"Wouldnt it be nice to be able to import a different strain of bee like this and see what you can make of it?"

What I said still stands No, it wouldn't for the reasons stated previously.

Thank you Teesmore for amply illuminating my intentions and reaffirming numerous other posts requesting reduction of quote material to salient points.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back