Tradex ''on or off''

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the authorities have advised not to travel your car insurance may well not cover you and you may also be in danger of being charged with motoring offences.

If so, the police could be doing a roaring trade by "doing" thousands of stranded motorists and having their cars taken away and crushed for having no insurance or an invalid one.

Well perhaps there will be more bargains for those who do manage to get there, and fewer items sold out.
I will be pulling my thermals on and seeing whats around

First Thornes lorry has unloaded and back in Lincolnshire to collect second load. Paul, Gill, Freya and I are setting up the stand. There is a little snow around but all major routes seem clear.

First Thornes lorry has unloaded and back in Lincolnshire to collect second load. Paul, Gill, Freya and I are setting up the stand. There is a little snow around but all major routes seem clear.

See you there.. I'm the (only) handsome beekeeper so easily stand out.:icon_204-2:

does anyone know what m4 from wales is like ?

Bit crappy around Cardiff and Newport apparently but navigable - will be setting off before long.
My Brother in law drove his lorry back from Bristol last night and took him ages apparently - mostly due to the dumb drivers who can't drive their Chelsea tractors and err, stranded lorries.
Know someone who drove to England this morning with only a little difficulty around Cardiff (lorries again) but made it with no issues.

Snow update

' Please continue to update us. If the minor roads are anything like ours I will give, regrettably, Beetradex a miss. I was coming to spend quite a lot of cash!!!'

Brian just to update you. I managed to escape from my lane this morning and even return. The main roads are ok with care but the side roads are very iffy even with local knowledge. The strong easterly winds overnight have blown the very dry fine snow into drifts on the road which are difficult to get through even with a 4x4. Our milkman who normally turns up at 4.15am eventually got through mid-moorning.

From Bucks, i would have thought you would be ok up M1 and then A45.

However, more snow is forecast for thid afternoon. Let's hope this has usual inaccuracy!

Good news is that outside temperature is now -1 out of the wind and the underlying ice on the side roads has melted.

More later.

-

Brian

Apologies have just realised you are nearer to M40 than M1. M40 will be ok once that have cleared up after lorry problem so straight up M40 to junction 15 then up A46 and turn off at Stoneleigh/university junction. Should be easy once you get to M40.

Snowing heavily again here, unless I clear the entire road (nobody helps) we won't be going anywhere for a while.

Looks like 13 of the exhibitors, out of 48 stands, won’t be there. Still a good turnout in the conditions. I plan to be there.

If there's a low turn out, you might get better deals?
Just a thought...

Looks like 13 of the exhibitors, out of 48 stands, won’t be there. Still a good turnout in the conditions. I plan to be there.

Do you know which ones have not gone, its a 250 mile round trip for me and if 25% of the stands (at the moment) are not going I am not sure I will.

It says on there site, ( Traders attending are on the exhibitors page)

NO SEMINARS ARE RUNNING DUE TO PROBLEMS WITH LECTURERS COMING

I just saw that Northern Bee Books is not attending :-( what a shame, I was looking forward to go through their collection and buy a few more books. The seminars are also cancelled...

Safety first, but I was really looking forward to this event.

I wish you all a save trip !!!

Latest posts

Back