Thornes must be feeling the slump-another sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"They're good like that."

I think they purposely factor in a delay of a day or two before despatch. not due to excess demand but just to allow guilt ridden customers to slink back and request alternate delivery addresses to avoid watchful spouses.

Lol, it did cross my mind as I was completing my £150 order! Decided just to own up straight away before she hears from our neighbour who usually drags monsterous boxes in for me!!!

"Decided just to own up straight away before she hears from our neighbour who usually drags monsterous boxes in for me!!!"

for some reason this made me think of the wonderful "Janet & John" stories that were a highlight of Terry Wogan Radio 2 Breakfast Show.

for some reason this made me think of the wonderful "Janet & John" stories that were a highlight of Terry Wogan Radio 2 Breakfast Show.
Lots of them were available on c/d... Brilliant...

"They're good like that."

I think they purposely factor in a delay of a day or two before despatch. not due to excess demand but just to allow guilt ridden customers to slink back and request alternate delivery addresses to avoid watchful spouses.
They did take quite a while before they posted an order to me from a sale in 2011 but at least they dont take your money until they post.... athough thats not much help when you are waiting for stuff.

There were times when if possible I would stop the van so I could listen to J&J properly... Much more sensible then crashing with laughter..:hurray:

Oh and there was the time that the misus took in my last delivery from the aforesaid company, dragged the box right over her foot and damaged her toe nail. At least she was cursing me for two different things in the same conversation, change is as good as a rest and all that!

John likes the nice lady at number six! She always handles his goods with great care.

I always stress to HWMBO how complicated a hive is and how many different bits it takes me to make a hive

so many different bits, but it all goes in the one hive, even if it came in three large boxes, it fits together like a three dimension jigsaw....thats why i am in the shed making it for several weeks

Had a problem when the last lot arrived on a pallett....er bought two hives

so many different bits, but it all goes in the one hive, even if it came in three large boxes, it fits together like a three dimension jigsaw....thats why i am in the shed making it for several weeks
one must also explain that although the initial outlay seemed to be rather high, you did you fact buy a couple of extra bits that didnt really cost anything because it made the order post free, and therefore with your money saving skills you were able to make 4 hives when only paying for one....:biggrinjester:

you know, like "this handbag was such a bargain at only £70 half price in the sales"

I drive a smart car by day you see so I can't have it delivered to work! She takes the big car!

"I drive a smart car by day you see so I can't have it delivered to work! She takes the big car!"

That's no excuse!!!! (see multiple pics posted passim).

Yesterday shifted a couple more complete MB LS setups from work to home ready to be picked up by our man in a van. Tonight will be picking up a chain harrow.

when i called to the courier depot to pick up a previous MB order the man said "you have come by van?" before wheeling out the pallet with 3 big boxes and 1 small one. No probs.

Maybe,and not so good if your passion is looking at adverts,but thats the way it is,the rules,and better than page upon page of commercial adverts being placed all over the forum.

Pete, whilst not trying to be picky, what is your Avatar then? Presumably Rab doesn't sell tractors!:)

Just QE that were a problem, and they were replaced swiftly when alerted to the problem.

"I drive a smart car by day you see so I can't have it delivered to work! She takes the big car!"

That's no excuse!!!! (see multiple pics posted passim).

Yesterday shifted a couple more complete MB LS setups from work to home ready to be picked up by our man in a van. Tonight will be picking up a chain harrow.

when i called to the courier depot to pick up a previous MB order the man said "you have come by van?" before wheeling out the pallet with 3 big boxes and 1 small one. No probs.

Can you get trailers for a S/Car?:)

Pete, whilst not trying to be picky, what is your Avatar then? Presumably Rab doesn't sell tractors!:)

I have never had an Avatar,well not one put there by me.....they seem to serve no useful purpose as far as i can see.

I have never had an Avatar,well not one put there by me.....they seem to serve no useful purpose as far as i can see.

Sorry,pseudonym not avatar!;)

Latest posts

Back