The season isn't over yet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would say that, if I have less honey to sell where could my potential customers possibly source some honey from ;):p

On a serious note, yes, I think i will stick to plan A which is treatment now.
I am sold out:)

I am sold out:)

Nice. I only extracted at the weekend so I am not! I have also only been going a couple of years so haven't built up a customer base. Its started to go though so I am hopeful.

I have taken all my supers off now.
The bees are still foraging and managing to find pollen and nectar, which they are storing in the brood box.
Varroa treatment goes on tomorrow
Extracted amount of honey is very similar to last year.
So I am happy.

My broods are bursting with little food in the supers or in the brood frames. Nothing here till ivy comes and that’s 2/3 weeks away. Balsam isn’t out and bees on it all the time but little income.
Some ivy nectar splattered out on me the other day from a frame! It is here somewhere - not that I have seen it as yet.

Not much further North than you Eric and my story is much different. Anyone posting can only do so from their own observations and mine were that my bees were making preparations at the end of July. I noticed they are on Balsam today and there's not much of that around here so the best mine can hope for is Ivy.
5DF2CA87-B84A-4D05-89DB-1873960FB669.jpegBalsam honey taste divine . Must have mixed my head up , 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Back