The end of Varroa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. But same collateral damage as insecticide?:)

Is there any evidence or research to suggest varroa are attracted to UV light? In my view, there is more than a whiff of snake oil about this product.

People have varying levels of credulity and cynicism. I guess I'm at the more cynical end. Whenever I see the quote "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" my reaction is scepticism.

Of course science does not know everything, but it certainly does know enough to dismiss a huge amount of the mumbo jumbo that pervades modern existence. Science has observed four fundamental forces that control all known interactions in nature: gravitational, electromagnetic, strong nuclear, and weak nuclear forces. There's not even one iota of evidence to suggest any other forces exist, although if someone wants to sell you a crystal for £100 they will invoke all sorts of "energies" and "psychic vibrations".

I must stress my mind remains open to change. It just requires well conducted scientific research published in the most reputable journals and subject to vigorous scrutiny and review to change it.

I sort of agree but......................

I told my wife this yesterday...........

My first MIL Jean was complaining of a sore back and hips and my then wife saw an advert for spiritual healing. So off we toddled and the "clinic" was conducted by a sort of to use medical terms a consultant, some registrars and some juniors.

Jean was passed up the chain to the head man and he said he as a bit baffled but suggested she see her doctor as something was wrong.

She did and was sent to the hospital where they did a biopsy which in turn sparked the cancer into a massive event and she died three days later.

Was the spiritualist making a lucky guess or? I honestly don't know.

PH

I sort of agree but......................

I told my wife this yesterday...........

My first MIL Jean was complaining of a sore back and hips and my then wife saw an advert for spiritual healing. So off we toddled and the "clinic" was conducted by a sort of to use medical terms a consultant, some registrars and some juniors.

Jean was passed up the chain to the head man and he said he as a bit baffled but suggested she see her doctor as something was wrong.

She did and was sent to the hospital where they did a biopsy which in turn sparked the cancer into a massive event and she died three days later.

Was the spiritualist making a lucky guess or? I honestly don't know.

PH

I suspect if you see a lot of unwell people ,you can gain an ability to judge whether a person is unwell from their looks and appearance..
(in some cases it is very easy: grey palour etc. See also dogs sniffing out cancers- could be scent)

Similar thing -I have continual spinal issues and one day couldn't travel to my go to guy osteopath so had to settle for a chiropractor instead.
Ageing hippy chick just held the back of my head for ten minutes.
Still in slight excruciating agony I was on the point of reminding her she needed to actually DO something for the 50 pieces for chrissakes when she gave me the complete run down of spinal injuries I had sustained over my lifetime with approximate ages when they occoured.
All bang on,and having no medical record for the majority of them and having never met the woman before how did she know???

Similar thing -I have continual spinal issues and one day couldn't travel to my go to guy osteopath so had to settle for a chiropractor instead.
Ageing hippy chick just held the back of my head for ten minutes.
Still in slight excruciating agony I was on the point of reminding her she needed to actually DO something for the 50 pieces for chrissakes when she gave me the complete run down of spinal injuries I had sustained over my lifetime with approximate ages when they occoured.
All bang on,and having no medical record for the majority of them and having never met the woman before how did she know???

It is incorrect to think chiropractic is just about treating problems with joints.

I presume you are aware of chiropractic beliefs. Vertebral subluxation or disorders of the spine is the sole cause of all diseases and manipulation of the spine is the cure for all diseases of the human race.

Good luck with that.

Total snake oil nonsense. Googling confirms Mosquitoes home in on CO2 and also various scents, but most are not attracted to UV lights. I don't see any reason why Varroa should be interested in UV either.

Latest posts

Back