Thank you!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenHP16

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have today bottled 40 jars of the best honey I have ever tasted (may be a little biased here). So thank you to all who have patiently answered my beginners questions:thanks:

I didnt do anything at all, but well done... I did the same a few weeks back for the first time.... great feeling labeling them all up :)

I think that demand may outstrip supply.... So many folks have signed uo for. Jar:hurray:

the first of the years honey straight from the spinner with wax,bee legs,pollen, propolis and other unmentionables on wholemeal Bread and butter always tastes divine

but never as good as the first time you extracted honey

well done

The first honey from your own hives is the best honey in the whole world. Enjoy it. :)

I share the excitement. We have gone from not expecting any honey in the first year and at one point thinking our one hive at the time was about to die out, to having three full supers that are incredibly heavy!

Have the club extractor booked, jars arrived and labels at the printers.

I just hope it tastes yummy!

Keep a jar......forever
I have a jar set aside for every of the four years since I started.

I planned to do the same but the other half sold my last 2 jars from last years crop!

Well done on the 40 jars! I loved my first extraction!
This year not so much! Lol (200 jars so far)

Yep ... well done, fantastic result. 40 jars of the best even honey ... brilliant.

I reckon my bees have about 20 jars in the hive but they are still backfilling the brood areas so I'm leaving it at present. May even leave it over winter and harvest what's left in the spring as it is only their first year and were a swarm on 1st June. They have built and filled about 15 frames of 14 x 12 (Plus a bit on the bottom !) so far so they they have done very well ...

Well done to you and your bees. Just treated myself to honey on toast!

Yep ... well done, fantastic result. 40 jars of the best even honey ... brilliant.

I reckon my bees have about 20 jars in the hive but they are still backfilling the brood areas so I'm leaving it at present. May even leave it over winter and harvest what's left in the spring as it is only their first year and were a swarm on 1st June. They have built and filled about 15 frames of 14 x 12 (Plus a bit on the bottom !) so far so they they have done very well ...

Hi Pargyle,
Watch out for the 'backfilling the brood areas' as they can still swarm if HM does not have enough room to lay!

They have built and filled about 15 frames of 14 x 12 (Plus a bit on the bottom !)

Double brood of 14 x 12? Too big. Or is this a Beehaus/Dartington? Not surprising they are filling brood area as they don't need it. Low chance of swarming due to brood space if the above format is the case but may need a super if the flow continues.

and here it is with a label. Feel ridiculously pleased with myself - and I didn't do all the work

Looks superb, HelenHP16 - I'd buy it! :)

End of rather than specific month suffices I am told:)
VM

Latest posts

Back