Squeezy bottles

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
30+ colonies
I was asked today by someone buying our honey if we ever supply it in squeezy bottles as they'd much prefer the handiness of them compared to the 1/2 lb glass jar we use now.
Does anyone here use them? If so, where can they be sourced, or should we just stick with the jars?

Ok, until the honey starts setting or the bottom chrystalises.
I supose you could super heat the honey to prevent such occurrences.

Ok, until the honey starts setting or the bottom chrystalises.
I supose you could super heat the honey to prevent such occurrences.
We don't want to be heating the honey too much. Our honey is usually slow to crystallise but it does after a few months.

I'd be inclined to suggest to them that it's far more environmentally friendly to buy a refillable plastic bottle themselves and empty the honey from the glass jar into it.

James
Yeah, might be a good solution alright. Would keep things simpler on my side too.

stick with the jars?
Yes, jars suggest quality and squeezy bottles the opposite.

How about a clear bucket with a tap? I use one at market for Bakers' honey; customers bring and refill any container they like and you could give a discount for the expense of jar and label. I take a box of 1kg and 400g empty clear buckets for those who forget to bring a jar. 48mm hole needed for a standard yellow tap.

They are fine for some who's honey remains fluid for several months but as I find one can't guarantee that which might stay fluid and not set in the squeezy bottle.
Over the weekend I warmed two buckets, one dark honey, clear and fluid , the other very light honey and remained cloudy . The latter I could leave a bit longer and raise the temp a bit more to 42 degrees but instead I shall stir it thouroughly a few times and then jar as soft set as this is what I find often occurrs and it remains very spreadable.

Thanks all. I'll stick to the jars I think, but might suggest filling reusable containers for him and others who might want alternatives.

I was asked today by someone buying our honey if we ever supply it in squeezy bottles as they'd much prefer the handiness of them compared to the 1/2 lb glass jar we use now.
Does anyone here use them? If so, where can they be sourced, or should we just stick with the jars?
I don't like them and am uncomfortable with the use of single-use plastic, and they're pricier than glass jars, but 6oz squeeze bears from bee-equipment sell like hotcakes with kids for me.

They are fine for some who's honey remains fluid for several months but as I find one can't guarantee that which might stay fluid and not set in the squeezy bottle.
Over the weekend I warmed two buckets, one dark honey, clear and fluid , the other very light honey and remained cloudy . The latter I could leave a bit longer and raise the temp a bit more to 42 degrees but instead I shall stir it thouroughly a few times and then jar as soft set as this is what I find often occurrs and it remains very spreadable.
If you fill the squeezy bottles and it then crystallises you will be following Mr Colman and his mustard where most of his profit is in what dries hard in the bottom of the jar and what is left on the plate to be washed down the sink!!

Latest posts

Back