Swapping out frames quickly…

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still would have done a Bailey
And perhaps read a few bee books before getting flow frames on a Langstroth hive and buying a national nuc ...and leaving them for 5 weeks ... but there's always going to be advice in Facebook and the Flow hive forum ....:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Frames. It’s good. You didn’t understand what was written. Others did. All good now.
Why I did not understand. I kept it clear that you will get a proper box. Why I shoul tell it to you?
Can't be any worse than it was in English ...
Now we are talking about British problems. Not mine .
O
I have done nothing wrong.

How to add more space to a small hive when it is enlargening. ... it is a main goal i spring in beekeeping!

IT takes 6 weeks to a bee from egg to forager.

Now a beginner is leading the whole forum according his ideas. Like playing with Legos.

And perhaps read a few bee books before getting flow frames on a Langstroth hive and buying a national nuc ...and leaving them for 5 weeks ... but there's always going to be advice in Facebook and the Flow hive forum ....:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:
Well you realise flow frames come ON a Langstroth anyway right for the full hive!? You may be experienced but stick to being sarcastic with the things you’re good at. The only mistake was ordering a cheap nuc on the wrong frames. Get over yourself please.

Why I did not understand. I kept it clear that you will get a proper box. Why I shoul tell it to you?

Now we are talking about British problems. Not mine .
O
I have done nothing wrong.

How to add more space to a small hive when it is enlargening. ... it is a main goal i spring in beekeeping!

IT takes 6 weeks to a bee from egg to forager.

Now a beginner is leading the whole forum according his ideas. Like playing with Legos.
I’ve had the help I came for from other. There’s just two of you that got on your high horse, you because your English maybe isn’t great and the other guy because he just wants to show his experience and have an attitude with it.

Exactly, why should you tell me? Don’t bother and go and ‘help’ some other people (god help them if you keep that attitude)

To clarify again, it’s 2 of you I have an attitude with, not the entire forum. Don’t try making yourself feel better for being this perfect example….

Well you realise flow frames come ON a Langstroth anyway right for the full hive!? You may be experienced but stick to being sarcastic with the things you’re good at. The only mistake was ordering a cheap nuc on the wrong frames. Get over yourself please.
Take a table saw and cut off the extra wall from the box. Measure first that that it will proper.

I’ve had the help I came for from other. There’s just two of you that got on your high horse, you because your English maybe isn’t great and the other guy because he just wants to show his experience and have an attitude with it.

Exactly, why should you tell me? Don’t bother and go and ‘help’ some other people (god help them if you keep that attitude)

To clarify again, it’s 2 of you I have an attitude with, not the entire forum. Don’t try making yourself feel better for being this perfect example….

I studied my Master of Science in Biology with English language in Helsinki University. I understand well enough beekeeping with English language.
Get a proper box is my Dvice now

I want to save your bees. It is now popular.

Last edited:
I studied my Master of Science in Biology with English language in Helsinki University. I understand well enough beekeeping with English language.
Get a proper box is my Dvice now

I want to save your bees. It is now popular.
He's got a week's holiday from the forum for being rude to you Finnie ...

Tomorrow morning at 7.30 I’m delivering a national nuc to someone who bought a Langstroth hive. The guy has made a conversion board and we will be installing the queen in the Langstroth box above a national with the brood in it separated by a QX.

Tomorrow morning at 7.30 I’m delivering a national nuc to someone who bought a Langstroth hive. The guy has made a conversion board and we will be installing the queen in the Langstroth box above a national with the brood in it separated by a QX.
A Bailey......what I said ;)

but there's always going to be advice in Facebook and the Flow hive forum
On the Flow Hive forum there are a few posts on how to tie in national frames into Lang frames and they work very well...but as you say it should only be temporary while you move the bees up then take the lower box away

Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 07.20.29.png

It's a real shame when people can't realise that others are only trying to help!
it quickly became obvious, from his mention of comments about this forum on other media that there was a secondary objective.

Struggling to make it any clearer
Photos would have got you there.

I’m assuming you didn’t bother reading this properly?
A few of you definitely missed the point
your initial replies were arsy then I’m sorry you feel unhappy you got it back
two of you that got on your high horse
he just wants to show his experience and have an attitude with it.
2 of you I have an attitude with
Plenty here willing to give a hand, but you won't get far with such a confrontational manner, and best not try it with your bees (they'll explain why). :)

I know this would have been pretty traumatic for them but what are the chances of them being ok and what do I need to look out for moving forward until they possibly settle?
Bees do not have human responses such as anger or trauma, but just get on with what they have in front of them; they will have settled long ago and be fine, no matter what a beekeeper does to them or what boxes they are given. When you return from holiday, it would be good to have an update (with photos).

I'd think that there might have been a few more of us ready to advise him until it became clear that he is quick with the insults, not just a couple of experienced guys who in fairness continued to try to help even after the response became insulting. If he finds on his return from "holiday" that no one steps up to help when he asks he has only his self to blame.

Latest posts

Back