Sugar prices.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bookers near Southampton still have offer on £15.50 per 25 kg or 2 for £22

Small print says offer ends 3 October

Fondant at Bailey's Portsmouth wholesale baking suppliers usually £13 a box

Sugar and fondant prices are irrelevant to me..keeping the bees alive after i have took the honey from them is more important..even so the price of both is but a fraction per pound compared to Honey per pound..it's a bit of a no brainer dispute me thinks..:spy:

Sugar and fondant prices are irrelevant to me..keeping the bees alive after i have took the honey from them is more important..even so the price of both is but a fraction per pound compared to Honey per pound..it's a bit of a no brainer dispute me thinks..:spy:

.... which makes me wonder why some.. mostly hobbyists virtually give the golden liquid away!

Chons da

Sorry millet but yet again I am at a loss here. You remove honey but the price of the winter feed is of no account? I am thinking that Alice in Wonderland has started early this year.

PH

Sorry millet but yet again I am at a loss here. You remove honey but the price of the winter feed is of no account? I am thinking that Alice in Wonderland has started early this year.

PH

No disrespect PH, but I think what Millet is trying to say is that the HONEY he has taken from the bees is worth very much more than the winter feed he will have to feed them.

As I have so often said, this makes me wonder why beekeepers sell their bees hard won Honey for so little ?

I know for many this is just a hobby... if you are selling it for a pittance, it would be better give it for free to the food banks to distribute to someone who may appreciate it!

Chons da

I think he's saying, his bees are worth more than the sugar he'll feed them.
Honey yield will be whatever it'll be from year to year. The only constant is dead bees make no honey.

PH

Under 1,000 hives and the fluctuations in sugar prices don't really add up to anything substantial for the effort and space of stockpiling

Latest posts

Back